Groceries: $98.17 (2017: $54.75)
Unnecessary Outside Food and Snacks: $243.40 (2017: $212.66)
Total Spent in January: $341.57 (2017: $267.41)
In December, I only spent $172.89. And now I’ve just about doubled it a month later. What happened?? What’s the excuse for outside food this time?
No excuses. The truth is, as long as I’m in the basement apartment, outside food will always play a role in my diet. In January, I had massive midnight cravings for meat… like hamburgers and tacos. I have turkey burgers and chicken breasts at home and all the tools to make them rather quickly. The problem is that I’m not used to not eating in the basement apartment at night. Ever since the first bat I saw, I stop eating in the basement when the sun goes down. So if I have a midnight craving for cooked meat, I know I’ll choose to go out to get it. And with the weather staying in the 30s throughout the latter-half of January, there was nothing stopping me from making that midnight drive to Taco Bell for some delicious Locos Tacos.
I’m not sure when these midnight meat cravings will end, but they usually go away after a month or two. And as hard as it may be, I have to break the habit of not eating in the basement apartment when the sun goes down. It’s a habit of fear, which isn’t like me. I know how disgusted I feel whenever I’m eating and see a basement insect or bat, but I just have to get over all the basement annoyances until I move out.
January was also my first time at the gym in months and it felt great. I did 20 minutes of weight lifting and, once I saw my arms had enough, I actually stopped. I’ve also been doing regular squats and ab workouts for a second straight month. If I can get my nutrition under control, I could see some great results by the end of March. The funny thing is that I’m not really looking for results this time. I’m simply enjoying the routine.
February is about finding balance with food purchases. I have to learn to be okay with spending a certain amount of money on outside food. I think I have an idea on how to do that, but I’ll write about that next month.
Unnecessary Outside Food and Snacks: $243.40 (2017: $212.66)
Total Spent in January: $341.57 (2017: $267.41)
In December, I only spent $172.89. And now I’ve just about doubled it a month later. What happened?? What’s the excuse for outside food this time?
No excuses. The truth is, as long as I’m in the basement apartment, outside food will always play a role in my diet. In January, I had massive midnight cravings for meat… like hamburgers and tacos. I have turkey burgers and chicken breasts at home and all the tools to make them rather quickly. The problem is that I’m not used to not eating in the basement apartment at night. Ever since the first bat I saw, I stop eating in the basement when the sun goes down. So if I have a midnight craving for cooked meat, I know I’ll choose to go out to get it. And with the weather staying in the 30s throughout the latter-half of January, there was nothing stopping me from making that midnight drive to Taco Bell for some delicious Locos Tacos.
I’m not sure when these midnight meat cravings will end, but they usually go away after a month or two. And as hard as it may be, I have to break the habit of not eating in the basement apartment when the sun goes down. It’s a habit of fear, which isn’t like me. I know how disgusted I feel whenever I’m eating and see a basement insect or bat, but I just have to get over all the basement annoyances until I move out.
January was also my first time at the gym in months and it felt great. I did 20 minutes of weight lifting and, once I saw my arms had enough, I actually stopped. I’ve also been doing regular squats and ab workouts for a second straight month. If I can get my nutrition under control, I could see some great results by the end of March. The funny thing is that I’m not really looking for results this time. I’m simply enjoying the routine.
February is about finding balance with food purchases. I have to learn to be okay with spending a certain amount of money on outside food. I think I have an idea on how to do that, but I’ll write about that next month.
No comments:
Post a Comment