Sunday, March 4, 2018

February 2018 Health and Food Report

Groceries: $135.78
Unnecessary Outside Food and Snacks: $150

Total Spent: $288.78


     So, I decided to try something new in February to control my outside food purchases. At the end of the month, I found it really annoying to go through my credit card purchases to separate the grocery purchases from the outside food purchases. What if I took out a certain amount of cash out of the ATM at the beginning of the month, and then use that money for the rest of the month as my limit for outside food?

$150 in the eyeglass holder.

     $72 of the $150 was already spent, as I usually buy a large thin crust pepperoni pizza from Papa John’s on Saturday and Sunday which costs $8.63.

Papa John's. One large pie is cheap and lasts all day, perfect for my 12 hours at the bank job on weekends.
   
    That left $78 for weekdays, which was more than enough money… although I made sure to use the remaining money when the end of the month was near. I found it so much easier to control my outside food purchases when I have a cash limit, especially when I see the cash in my hands. It was a big help, and I’m gonna make $150 my monthly limit for outside food from now on.

More Pumps

     In February I went to the gym once a week, continuing my climb back to regularity. Wanting to avoid the injuries that I’ve always had to deal with, I went online searching for advice. One of the best guys on YouTube is a guy named Kali Muscle, who looks like a freak of nature and gives great advice that’s easy to understand. In one of his videos, he talked about how pointless it is to do max weights all the time. According to Kali, constant max weight workouts wear out the body and does little to build muscle. The key to muscle building is more reps, which means lower weights. Tired of dealing with injuries, I decided to try it his way.

     My first time at the gym doing lower weights was incredible. Not only was I able to do more reps of my usual machines, but I also felt a much better burn. And the burn lasted much longer and worked out more muscles than before. Last week, the gym was so much fun that I stayed for an hour doing different upper body exercises. Instead of using 35lbs dumbbells, I used 20lbs. Instead of doing 220lbs on the chest fly, I did 120lbs. With no max weights destroying my body, I had the physical constitution to do a lot more reps and try new workouts.

     In March, I’d like to go to the gym more, but that most likely won’t happen. With renovations needed at Property 3 and the big trip to Brooklyn, I’ll most likely stick to once a week until April. But getting smarter at upper body workouts will maximize every trip to the gym… even if it’s only once a week.As far as food goes, I usually eat like shit during the month of a Brooklyn trip. The chances of me not gaining weight are minuscule.

No comments:

Post a Comment