Well. I guess I'm finally ready.
I've actually been wanting to start up this blog again for months, but procrastination has been crazy. There are so many things that have went on since my last post in 2019, which I'll get to in the next few posts. But this post is going to be about why I'm writing again.
A few years ago, I looked for this blog and couldn't find it. Believing that Google deleted it, I accepted the sad news and moved on living the retired from paycheck-work life. Last year, I found this blog by chance and started reading it again. It brought back so many memories of the things I've had to do in real estate, the lessons I've learned, the women I've dated, and my issues with... just about everything. And I remembered the ultimate purpose of this blog was to help me see the mistakes I make in real estate and find solutions. It was also like therapy, helping me deal with relationship problems with family, friends, and women.
There was always something incredibly satisfying and therapeutic about pressing that “Publish” button which really made my day. It's like, “I got it out of me and now I can move forward.” It felt so damned good. I miss that. I need that. Especially now.
My real estate plan for the next few years is quite ambitious, so the pressure to succeed has returned. With big help from this blog in the past, I was able to purchase and manage several properties while at the same time working two full-time jobs. I sometimes forget how crazy that was. I was able to do all that, and then document everything so that I could recognize my errors, diagnose the issues, and then find a solution that eventually allowed me to formulate my successful property management strategy... a strategy that I am still using today.
But now I have much bigger plans with more on the line, so it makes even more sense to restart blogging. And I'm no longer in my 30s. I'm in my mid-40s, so I'll likely only get one chance to execute my real estate plans. If I can accomplish even half of what I did before, this blog will pay off big time... again.
P.S.: Recently, I caught myself talking to... myself. And not the “under the breath” type of talk, but rather the “it-looks-like-I'm-on-a-phone-call” kind of talking. That only happens when I have a lot to say but no one to say it to. I get the feeling that, once I start writing again, that problem will eventually go away. And speaking of which... PUBLISH!
No comments:
Post a Comment