Thursday, January 15, 2015

Exit Tisha

1/14/2015 3:09pm
Hello Ahkenaten. I cannot meet you today but I am out of the apt. The elec and gas are turned OFF. I left the keys to the house & garage on the kitchen counter.”

At LAST! After 8 months of pain and suffering, I can finally say that the worst tenants I've ever had, the autistic mongrel Tisha and her idiot son, are out of Property X. This morning I put my handyman Alfonso to work. Having the 1st floor apartment empty will finally give me a chance to fix the drainage problems for both apartments, as the bathtub trap for the upstairs apartment can only be reached through the ceiling of the downstairs apartment. The place should be rental ready by Monday at the latest, and I should have it rented out before the end of the month.


Tisha's junk

More Junk

Broken window of 3rd bedroom's closet door. Instead of replacing the glass, Alfonso recommended I replace it with luan. It's cheaper and I don't have to worry about it breaking again.

Who lives with garbage bags over their windows? Seriously!
 
What surprised me was that there wasn't much needed to be fixed. I was expecting holes in the walls and everything, but the repair work mostly consists of cleaning, replacing a bad shower faucet in the 1st bathroom, replacing an extremely old and gross bathroom vanity (I've wanted to replace that for years), and replacing a broken door window. Materials cost around $500, and I'm guessing Alfonso will charge me at least $500 for the labor. Times like these I really miss Pelcom Nick's crackhead prices, but I gotta go with who's available.

Tony and Ashlin, the upstairs tenants, expressed their desire to move downstairs but I'm not gonna let them. I think they'll turn out to be okay tenants, but right now they're too disorganized to take care of an apartment that size. Their first month's rent was sent late, which is never a good sign. They still owe the money I had to pay for their first month of National Grid. And every time I visit their apartment it's always a mess. So why would I give them a bigger apartment that costs $225 more? No, I'll go through the process of renting it out. I'll get better options for tenants, and I'll collect my oh-so-wonderful-application fees!

The end of Tisha's tenancy went by as good as I could have hoped. There was no yelling or arguing. She left without paying rent, and taking the deposit still leaves her owing me $175 for the month. But it's okay. I'm just so relieved that I never have to deal with her again. Between my 740 credit score and her leaving four months before her lease was to expire, I really believe this could be my year.

No comments:

Post a Comment