![]() |
|
Return
of the Wand!
|
I walked into work Tuesday afternoon to find that the security wand at the bank job was finally fixed. No more leaving work in the mornings to go home and relax until my shift is up. Ah well, I can't complain. After four months of playing hookie, how can I complain? At first I was disappointed that I’ll have to stay at work instead of at home having a good time, but that feeling was quickly replaced with excitement. I felt this way because the fixing of the security wand signals the beginning of my retirement plan. The following is a blueprint of how I plan to retire from paycheck work by the end of 2017, and it will be in three phases. As one might expect, this will be quite the long post, as I want to be as detailed as possible.
Phase 1:
Eliminate Tuesdays from
the shipping depot
Buy Property 4
I currently work the
bank job, Monday through Friday from 6:30am to 2:30pm, and the
shipping depot on Tuesdays and Fridays from 4:00pm-12am followed by
Saturdays and Sundays from 12pm to 12am. Now that the wand is fixed,
I can finally prepare to eliminate Tuesday at the shipping depot from
my schedule. For the last several months I’ve been feigning a back
injury at the shipping depot. I pretend to grimace when I have to
pick something up from the floor or when I have to bend for any
reason. I’ve been hinting at my boss Charles that I’m going to
need back surgery soon. So I just called him 30 minutes ago to let
him know that I’ll be doing the surgery on Feb. 2nd, and
I’ll be back on the 13th. From then on, I’ll let him
know that I can’t work Tuesdays anymore.
Why go through all this
lying when I hate to lie? Because I have no choice. I need them to
believe that I have a valid reason for trimming down my schedule, or
else they’ll ask for documentation and doctors’ notes. Perception
is everything, especially to these fucking hillbillies. I get the
most respect amongst the guards there because I’m always on time,
do my job consistently well, and I rarely ever call off. I’m going
to use that respect and get Tuesdays off, while keeping the rest of
my schedule intact.
The next step is to
purchase Property 4 before the end of this year. I prefer to buy it
in the summer, which would allow me to make more payments towards
Property 3’s principal balance. The quitting of Tuesdays at the
shipping depot and the purchase of Property 4 will complete Phase 1.
Phase 2:
Pay off Properties 2 and
3
Remove Fridays from the
shipping depot schedule.
After Property 4 is
purchased, I begin paying off Properties 2 and 3… which has a
principal balance of $53,000 and $40,000 respectively. With rents
from all properties coming in, plus the stock market and job income,
I should have them paid off fairly quick. Once that happens, I will
eliminate Fridays from the shipping depot as well. My schedule by the
end of Phase 2 will be the bank job Monday-Friday, and the shipping
depot on the weekends only. No more package handlers! That will
complete Phase 2.
Phase 3:
Pay off Property 1
Get fired from the
Shipping Depot
Get fired from the Bank
Job
Retire
Wake up the next morning
screaming “Fuck the World”
After properties 2 and 3
are paid off, it’s off to the races. The minute I pay off Property
1, I will get fired from the shipping depot and bank job. Notice I
said “get fired” and not “quit”. I never want to work for
anyone again, but I know how money-hungry I can be. If the option to
work at those jobs remained open, I may fool myself into believing I
need to work and go back. I can’t do that. I need to go into
retirement from paycheck work with no safety nets, and that means I
have to burn the bridges. I’m at my best when I know I have no
other options, so it means a lot when I know my only source of income
is in the rents. Know yourself, remember? That knowledge will make me
sharper and more determined to build my financial empire the right
way. Paying off Property 1 and quitting the jobs will complete Phase
3 and I’ll finally be done. It’ll be just me and my properties,
with no bosses, security wands, or co-workers. What a day that will
be!
By the time it’s all said
and done, I should be making good money. They say that one can live
off of earning $5000 a month, but I think that’s total bullshit.
For me, I don’t want to “earn” $5000 a month. I’d like to
“save” $5000 a month. That’s a big difference. I currently earn
around $4500 per month with the 2 jobs and the 3 properties, and it
doesn’t feel good to come away with a pathetic $2000-2500 savings
per month. When I retire, I need to be able to SAVE at least $4000
every month after living expenses, bills, and property/income taxes.
To me, that’s real money to live comfortably, and I can use that
money to buy even more properties should I choose to do so.
So that’s
the blueprint. It’s exciting to see it on the computer screen
instead of as an idea dancing around in my head. I still have some
tax stuff to iron out, but the blueprint is more or less solid. The
wheels are in motion. All I have to do is stick with the plan and
I’ll be one happy bastard in 2017.

No comments:
Post a Comment