Thursday, November 5, 2015

October 2015 Fitness Report

W= Weight
R= Repetitions
WISS= Weight Increase for Second Set
RISS= Repetition Increase for Second Set

Seated Row: 40 (W), 15 (R), 60 (WISS)
Chest Press: 60 (W), 15 (R), 75 (WISS)
Leg Press: 140 (W), 15 (R), 180 (WISS)
Leg Curl: 90 (W), 15 (R), 105 (WISS)
Knee Raise: Body Weight, 20 (R), 30 (RISS)
Lat Pulldown: 35 (W), 15 (R), 50 (WISS)
Shoulder Press: 50 (W), 15 (R), 75 (WISS)
Leg Extensions: 50 (W), 15 (R), 75 (WISS)
Sit-up: Body Weight, 30 (R)
Bicep Curl: 20s (W), 15 (R), 30s (WISS)
Tricep Pressdown: 35 (W), 15 (R), 50 (WISS)

So this is my current workout at my new gym. Eventually I’ll learn how to do charts on this blog, but I’m fine with this for now. I generally do 2 sets of this workout. This week, I made sure to increase the weight on the second set. As I write this, I can barely lift my arms and my body is sore… the good kind of sore! I really pushed myself to the limit with the increases, but I noticed that my lower body doesn’t feel too sore. I’ll have to increase the weights even more for my legs.

About a half hour after working out, they say it’s best to have some protein. Since I see so many people eating protein bars, I went to Rite-Aid to buy some. I was about to pay for a pack of 5 Powerbars for $10 when I saw these at the counter:
2 packs for $1... 26 total grams of protein.
Idiots can keep their expensive protein bars and bullshit. I quickly put the bars down and bought a couple of these Munchies Peanuts packs. Reading the ingredients of the protein bars made the choice even easier:

PowerBar ProteinPlus Bar:

TriSource Protein blend (whey protein isolate [milk], calcium caseinate, soy protein isolate), maltitol syrup, chocolate flavored coating (fractionated palm kernel oil, maltitol, cocoa, polydextrose, sodium caseinate, soy lecithin, monoglycerides, natural flavor, sucralose), vegetable glycerin, peanuts and peanut butter, partially defatted peanut flour, peanut oil, and less than 2% of: salt, soy lecithin, calcium phosphate, ascorbic acid (Vitamin C), water, ground almonds, magnesium oxide, alpha tocopherol acetate (Vitamin E), sucralose, natural flavor, biotin, zinc gluconate, ferrous fumarate (iron), niacinamide, copper gluconate, calcium pantothenate, pyridoxine hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), riboflavin (Vitamin B2), thiamin mononitrate (Vitamin B1), folic acid, Vitamin B12. MADE ON EQUIPMENT THAT ALSO PROCESSES WHEAT.

VS.
TriSource Protein blend (whey protein isolate [milk], calcium caseinate, soy protein isolate), maltitol syrup, chocolate flavored coating (fractionated palm kernel oil, maltitol, cocoa, polydextrose, sodium caseinate, soy lecithin, monoglycerides, natural flavor, sucralose), vegetable glycerin, peanuts and peanut butter, partially defatted peanut flour, peanut oil, and less than 2% of: salt, soy lecithin, calcium phosphate, ascorbic acid (Vitamin C), water, ground almonds, magnesium oxide, alpha tocopherol acetate (Vitamin E), sucralose, natural flavor, biotin, zinc gluconate, ferrous fumarate (iron), niacinamide, copper gluconate, calcium pantothenate, pyridoxine hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), riboflavin (Vitamin B2), thiamin mononitrate (Vitamin B1), folic acid, Vitamin B12. MADE ON EQUIPMENT THAT ALSO PROCESSES WHEAT. - See more at: https://www.powerbar.com/content/powerbar-proteinplus%C2%AE-22g-chocolate-peanut-butter-reduced-sugar#sthash.0YmoWvHB.dpuf
TriSource Protein blend (whey protein isolate [milk], calcium caseinate, soy protein isolate), maltitol syrup, chocolate flavored coating (fractionated palm kernel oil, maltitol, cocoa, polydextrose, sodium caseinate, soy lecithin, monoglycerides, natural flavor, sucralose), vegetable glycerin, peanuts and peanut butter, partially defatted peanut flour, peanut oil, and less than 2% of: salt, soy lecithin, calcium phosphate, ascorbic acid (Vitamin C), water, ground almonds, magnesium oxide, alpha tocopherol acetate (Vitamin E), sucralose, natural flavor, biotin, zinc gluconate, ferrous fumarate (iron), niacinamide, copper gluconate, calcium pantothenate, pyridoxine hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), riboflavin (Vitamin B2), thiamin mononitrate (Vitamin B1), folic acid, Vitamin B12. MADE ON EQUIPMENT THAT ALSO PROCESSES WHEAT.

Munchies Peanuts:

Peanuts, Vegetables Oil (Peanut Oil, Cottonseed Oil, Soybeans Oil, Sunflower Oil), Salt

I never want to buy something that has ingredients I can’t understand or even fucking pronounce. Peanuts are naturally high in protein (as well as a good source of fiber) and taste pretty good. Next time I’m at BJs, I’ll have to buy a large pack to use for my workout days... preferably unsalted.

So far, this gym has been awesome. I never understood when people would refer to the gym as their “sanctuary”, but I get it now. It was hard to feel that way when I was going to Planet Fitness, and it wasn’t just the Pizza parties and the tootsie rolls at the counter. People would mostly stand around and watch other people work out, or have loud and annoying conversations while I was trying to push for that extra rep. There was so much to fight against that I felt more exhausted from the environment than the workouts. Planet Fitness promoted a non-workout culture (no weigh scales, unhealthy foods) and combine it with a dirt cheap price, feeding into an individual’s laziness. It promotes the same crappy habits that a person trying to lose weight already has, and Planet Fitness profits because the person is stuck in the cycle. One would have to be extremely motivated to fight through all that and get the results they’re looking for at that place. My gym is awesome. No candies. No pizza. Weigh scales. And personal trainers everywhere! I love this damned gym, and I definitely don’t feel a need to fight through anyone’s bullshit.

Each month I plan to do a report, and hopefully I can increase the weights at the end of each month. I know that won’t be possible with certain machines, but the challenge makes it fun.

P.S.: My only issue with the gym are the old white men that like to walk around butt-ass naked in the locker room before or after a shower:
I'm not sure who's considered the homo in this situation: Him for walking around other men butt naked, or me for taking this picture?

This is NOT what I want to see at the end of my workouts. I’ve even had some of these assholes take their clothes off right next to me! Hmm. I just had a thought. You know what I wanna do? After a workout I’m gonna think about sex to get myself hard. Then I’ll take my time changing back into my work clothes, saving the pants for last. Let’s see if these old bastards wanna take their clothes off next to me with my big black dick hanging out. Hmm… now that I think about it, it would be kinda fucked up if they still did.

No comments:

Post a Comment