Tuesday, July 12, 2016

June 2016 Food Report

Groceries: $106.65 down from May's $134.54
Unnecessary Outside Food and Snacks: $117.64 up from May's $101.82

Total Spent for June 2016: $224.29 down from May's $236.36

Well this is definitely a first. This is the first time I’ve ever spent more money on outside food than groceries since I’ve been tracking costs. It is far worse to spend more on outside food than to spend a total that's higher than the previous month. This is some dangerous stuff right here. You know, it really pisses me off that it has taken so long to erase my eating habits during the Property 4 renovations. The behavior stopped on the last week of June, and I did it by being myself.

Every day, the pattern was the same. I’d do a couple of morning rounds and then ordered breakfast from the bank job’s diner. Bagels with cream cheese, bagels with butter, egg sandwiches, anything. Even when I wasn't hungry I would eat out of habit. After breakfast, it would be pizza or Chinese food for lunch and dinner. As June wore on and I continued to eat outside food, the plan was to slowly wean myself off of it. But no matter how hard I tried, I kept eating it. But on the last week of June, I figured it out. I… told myself to stop.

I woke up that Tuesday morning and said I wasn’t going to eat outside food. And that was that. Many times I forget who I am. I forget that, even though I have a crapload of health and mental issues, I can sometimes change my reality. Sometimes it’s involuntary, of course, but other times a switch flips and everything changes. Once I said it was over, it was over. And, just to make sure, I got some backup:


Funny how that “gluten-free” sticker made me forget about the 10g of sugar per serving. I ate 5 bowls of this stuff one morning and got sick of it already. I thought that having something that tastes so good waiting for me at home would be a good thing, but Lucky Charms is "too good" and easily addictive. I bought a two-pack from BJs, so I’ll probably throw the second one out if I can’t control myself.

The important goal for July is to get myself off of eating outside food for breakfast. That’s where the trouble starts. I would walk into the bank job's lobby and have to suffer through the delicious smells of bacon and corned beef hash coming from the diner. If I can conquer the mornings, my outside food issues will go away quickly. Then I can start getting back into the shape I was in before the renovations of Property 4 began.  

No comments:

Post a Comment