Groceries: $120.49 up from June's $106.65
Unnecessary Outside Food: $151.28 up from June's $117.64
Total Spent for July 2016: $271.77 up from June's $224.29
Another month where I spent more money on outside food than groceries, and that’s a real shame. But July was about a lot more than food money…
As I mentioned in June’s Food post, I bought some Lucky Charms as a deterrent from eating outside food. I found myself eating it to an unhealthy degree and decided to do something about it. I bought a big box of my other favorite cereal, Reese’s Peanut Butter Puffs. I purposely gorged on both cereals for that entire weekend, knowing that the consequences were gonna be brutal. On Sunday night I couldn’t sleep. My stomach was turning and bubbling, and I was in a good amount of pain. So I went to take a dump and there was even more pain. I looked down at the toilet bowl and it was filled with blood. The urge to shit continued to the point that I almost shat out parts of my innards.
That morning I went to work in serious pain and tired as fuck. I’ll never forget doing rounds in the garage that day, with blood and shit leaking out of my ass with every step. By the time I came home, my underwear was soaked in blood and I could barely walk. It took an entire day of sleeping on my back before I started feeling better. And since then, no more cereal. Not even Cheerios. I’ve wanted to get away from cereal for years and steer more towards natural cooked breakfasts. I bit the bullet, did the deed, and now I’m cereal-free forever. Until I can make time to cook breakfasts, I’m substituting with different variations of protein bars.
[Note: I had the opportunity to post a picture of either my bloody underwear or my toilet filled with blood. I decided not to post either. I usually take pictures to remember things that I may forget or to illustrate a point. I can guarantee that I won't need a picture to remember the incredible pain I was in for those 2 days.]
Besides the blood and shit, I made some great dishes in July. I learned that, if I simply add another packet of Goya seasoning, the flavor becomes concentrated and it tastes exactly like Jollof rice! It was missing chopped onions and peppers so it wasn't true Jollof rice, but the flavor was unmistakable. The ratio is 1 and a half packets for every 2 measured cups of rice.
I also made my very first chicken platter. I was inspired when Sam asked me to try a meat platter from a Muslim restaurant. It cost $32 and had over 10 different meats to try. He promised that it would take at least two days to finish and would last an entire weekend.
Even though I felt like crap spending $32 for 15 minutes of eating, I liked the idea of making my own meat platter. So I got some wheat wraps, made some chicken mixed with veggies, and…
I loved this. The fact that I cooked it myself made it taste all the better.
August is all about survival. I’ve got Tyrell’s old apartment to rent out, which means I’ll be tempted to eat outside food during renovation. That whole Dharma Initiative is useless if I’ll be spending most of my time away from the basement apartment. With any luck, I can finally reverse this bad trend of spending more on outside food than groceries.
P.S.: Before I end this post, I should post one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen:
Unnecessary Outside Food: $151.28 up from June's $117.64
Total Spent for July 2016: $271.77 up from June's $224.29
Another month where I spent more money on outside food than groceries, and that’s a real shame. But July was about a lot more than food money…
As I mentioned in June’s Food post, I bought some Lucky Charms as a deterrent from eating outside food. I found myself eating it to an unhealthy degree and decided to do something about it. I bought a big box of my other favorite cereal, Reese’s Peanut Butter Puffs. I purposely gorged on both cereals for that entire weekend, knowing that the consequences were gonna be brutal. On Sunday night I couldn’t sleep. My stomach was turning and bubbling, and I was in a good amount of pain. So I went to take a dump and there was even more pain. I looked down at the toilet bowl and it was filled with blood. The urge to shit continued to the point that I almost shat out parts of my innards.
That morning I went to work in serious pain and tired as fuck. I’ll never forget doing rounds in the garage that day, with blood and shit leaking out of my ass with every step. By the time I came home, my underwear was soaked in blood and I could barely walk. It took an entire day of sleeping on my back before I started feeling better. And since then, no more cereal. Not even Cheerios. I’ve wanted to get away from cereal for years and steer more towards natural cooked breakfasts. I bit the bullet, did the deed, and now I’m cereal-free forever. Until I can make time to cook breakfasts, I’m substituting with different variations of protein bars.
[Note: I had the opportunity to post a picture of either my bloody underwear or my toilet filled with blood. I decided not to post either. I usually take pictures to remember things that I may forget or to illustrate a point. I can guarantee that I won't need a picture to remember the incredible pain I was in for those 2 days.]
![]() |
| July wasn't just about blood and cereal. I FINALLY MADE JOLLOF RICE!! I also made beef that was marinated for two days. My god, this was some amazing food, man. |
Besides the blood and shit, I made some great dishes in July. I learned that, if I simply add another packet of Goya seasoning, the flavor becomes concentrated and it tastes exactly like Jollof rice! It was missing chopped onions and peppers so it wasn't true Jollof rice, but the flavor was unmistakable. The ratio is 1 and a half packets for every 2 measured cups of rice.
![]() |
| Chicken with sautéed onions, red and green peppers, and mixed vegetables. |
I also made my very first chicken platter. I was inspired when Sam asked me to try a meat platter from a Muslim restaurant. It cost $32 and had over 10 different meats to try. He promised that it would take at least two days to finish and would last an entire weekend.
![]() |
| An assortment of meats and onions with 7 big pieces of naan. |
![]() |
| Two days my ass. The entire platter lasted about 15 minutes. I was full for the day, but I was hungry the very next day. |
Even though I felt like crap spending $32 for 15 minutes of eating, I liked the idea of making my own meat platter. So I got some wheat wraps, made some chicken mixed with veggies, and…
![]() |
| Absolutely delicious. Most stores don't carry Tzatziki sauce, so I got the one with cucumbers from Trader Joes. The organic pink lemonade and wheat wraps were also from Trader Joes |
I loved this. The fact that I cooked it myself made it taste all the better.
August is all about survival. I’ve got Tyrell’s old apartment to rent out, which means I’ll be tempted to eat outside food during renovation. That whole Dharma Initiative is useless if I’ll be spending most of my time away from the basement apartment. With any luck, I can finally reverse this bad trend of spending more on outside food than groceries.
P.S.: Before I end this post, I should post one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen:
![]() |
| Ribeye steak for a dollar. Not a joke. I am so scared to know what that thing is made of if it only costs a dollar. Really gross shit. |






No comments:
Post a Comment