A couple months ago I read through my old blog, 6 Year Millionaire. I have to admit, it was a pretty interesting read. I never realized how many hidden gems of information can be found in almost five years of lessons and ramblings. One of my favorite posts was the one about the Mirror Theory… the belief that one could see what he or she has to do by looking at their situation from a third party perspective. Like watching a movie or something, you know? I realize that I’ve been doing that subconsciously for a while now, like with Fedex and Sam. Life is so much easier this way, so I started thinking about the situation I talked about in my last post. I had an issue about trading, where I needed time in the morning to trade without interruption. But I worked the bank job in the morning, which made it difficult. I couldn’t really quit the bank job like I did the Fedex because I’m not in the financial position to do so. So what was I gonna do?
I used the Mirror Theory. I thought about it for a while until the answer finally came: switch schedules with a co-worker:
Old Schedule – Monday through Friday from 6:30am to 2:30pm
New Schedule – Wednesday through Friday from 2:30pm to 7:00pm, and Saturdays and Sundays from 12:00pm to Midnight
And it worked. From Monday to Friday, I now have time in the morning and the early afternoon for trading. But this little change has done much more:
For almost 9 years, I’ve had to wake up at around 5:30am. Do you have any fucking idea how incredible it is to wake up at a normal time, like a human fucking being??!! The first Monday of my new schedule, I had no idea what to do with myself. I didn’t even trade. I just laid in bed with a giant smile.
And breakfast! I finally get to make and eat breakfast… no more buying that fucking diner food!
Some might say that having to work the weekends again sucks, but it doesn’t. When I had to work the weekends at Fedex, it was actual work. Trucks would come in and out, and I couldn’t leave the site or take a long dump. Here at the bank job, weekends are so much better. Free Wifi. Uninterrupted dumps. And, just in case there’s something going on with the properties or an event in town, I can leave without having to worry. I also use the weekends to review what happened in the stock market and search for my pattern in more stocks to add to my watchlist. Right now, I’m watching Donnie Brasco, writing this post, and scratching my balls at the same time. As far as weekend activities go, this feels good.
I remember when I first started the bank job, thinking I was lucky to have a schedule that ended in time to get stuff done while businesses were still open. But I realized that I spent most of my post-work time trying to recover from the lack of sleep it takes to wake up so early in the morning.
Homemade breakfasts, uninterrupted stock trading, a good night's sleep, and having free time to do what I want. Last weekend I finally cleared out the garbage in my basement, using the bank job dumpster. I also bright my shredder in and finally got rid of over 4 years of documents that I let pile up. Sweet! I lose 2.5 hours a week with the new schedule which adds up to a little under $80 a month... but who cares?? Last month I made $158, enough to cover almost two months of lost hours. Logistically, I should be able to make more now that I trade from home. Good stuff, man....
P.S.: I think I'm gonna do my next few posts in the theme of the Mirror Theory. It's never let me down, and I'm curious to see how much better my life would be if I applied this theory to every one of my current problems.
I used the Mirror Theory. I thought about it for a while until the answer finally came: switch schedules with a co-worker:
Old Schedule – Monday through Friday from 6:30am to 2:30pm
New Schedule – Wednesday through Friday from 2:30pm to 7:00pm, and Saturdays and Sundays from 12:00pm to Midnight
And it worked. From Monday to Friday, I now have time in the morning and the early afternoon for trading. But this little change has done much more:
For almost 9 years, I’ve had to wake up at around 5:30am. Do you have any fucking idea how incredible it is to wake up at a normal time, like a human fucking being??!! The first Monday of my new schedule, I had no idea what to do with myself. I didn’t even trade. I just laid in bed with a giant smile.
And breakfast! I finally get to make and eat breakfast… no more buying that fucking diner food!
Some might say that having to work the weekends again sucks, but it doesn’t. When I had to work the weekends at Fedex, it was actual work. Trucks would come in and out, and I couldn’t leave the site or take a long dump. Here at the bank job, weekends are so much better. Free Wifi. Uninterrupted dumps. And, just in case there’s something going on with the properties or an event in town, I can leave without having to worry. I also use the weekends to review what happened in the stock market and search for my pattern in more stocks to add to my watchlist. Right now, I’m watching Donnie Brasco, writing this post, and scratching my balls at the same time. As far as weekend activities go, this feels good.
I remember when I first started the bank job, thinking I was lucky to have a schedule that ended in time to get stuff done while businesses were still open. But I realized that I spent most of my post-work time trying to recover from the lack of sleep it takes to wake up so early in the morning.
Homemade breakfasts, uninterrupted stock trading, a good night's sleep, and having free time to do what I want. Last weekend I finally cleared out the garbage in my basement, using the bank job dumpster. I also bright my shredder in and finally got rid of over 4 years of documents that I let pile up. Sweet! I lose 2.5 hours a week with the new schedule which adds up to a little under $80 a month... but who cares?? Last month I made $158, enough to cover almost two months of lost hours. Logistically, I should be able to make more now that I trade from home. Good stuff, man....
P.S.: I think I'm gonna do my next few posts in the theme of the Mirror Theory. It's never let me down, and I'm curious to see how much better my life would be if I applied this theory to every one of my current problems.
No comments:
Post a Comment