29 Days and 19 hours since my last post. Whew! Thankfully, June will be the last "one-post-that-just-made-the-deadline" month. Based on the way I'm feeling about everything, it looks like I'm back.
Before I start, I just wanna say how cool it was to open up this laptop again. The feeling of writing a post again put a big smile on my face just now. It’s good to get back to normal. Well, not exactly normal.
After that Ahkenaten Speaks post, I had to do a lot of thinking. As time went on, I started remembering things I used to do. One of those things was to take a look at my current situation, find a solution, and then implement it with no fear of how those changes may negatively affect me. Like when I was a teacher making no money. I looked at that situation, wanted to create an opportunity to make more money, and here I am in Smalltown, NY. So I made a bunch of changes recently, but this post will deal with the biggest one.
Every year I did such a great job of getting useless people out of my life. But during the Denial Period (the time between the purchase of Property 4 and the Ahkenaten Speaks post), I kinda left it alone. Once that period was over, I knew there was one person that had to get rid of...
After 14 years of friendship with Sam, I decided it was time to end things. It started off stupid. One night, he got mad because I yelled at him to hurry up and close the door when I picked him up from the mall. As he closed the door, he slammed it on his foot, got mad, and then left the car. In situations like that, we’d take a few hours to cool off, and then start texting each other dick jokes instead of apologies. This time was different. I started thinking of our friendship and realized that it had become pointless for me. Sam made it. He retired. And being around his success made me feel like crap. I was jealous about everything and it kinda brought me down. Whenever I’d be in the basement apartment and the Nepalis had their kids running around giving me a headache, it’d feel much worse knowing that Sam's currently building a big house in the suburbs. Anytime I felt like crap going to work in morning, it was practically embedded in my mind that Sam is probably sound asleep at the same time. While he’s taking vacations to different countries, I have to ask for vacation just to go to Brooklyn and have fun with Brooklyn Mike.
The biggest problem between Sam and I was that our egos were too similar. People who think they’re the greatest thing since sliced bread don’t usually get along, and I'm kinda surprised that we lasted this long. While our egos pumped us up, he actually proved himself by retiring. I didn’t, and it was killing me to be around him. Sure, there were the little things. I didn’t like picking him up from places and chauffeuring him around, then dropping him off at his house that had 5 cars in his driveway. I didn’t like how he’d bring me into conversations with people that he knew I didn’t like. I absolutely hated that he was still on good terms with Cameron Morgan, Joey's Bastard's old boss who swindled me out of $10,000. I didn’t like how we’d go out for lunch and he’d bring his wife, so if it was my turn to pay I’d have to pay for her as well. And I knew things were gonna end sooner than later once he got married. Single men and married men don’t stay friends very long, and our lives were moving in very different directions. But like I said, those were the little things. My jealousy over him retiring first and our competing egos were the real reasons why this friendship had to end.
Even though Smalltown is literally a small town, we won’t be seeing each other around. And I highly doubt there would be any bad blood or revenge towards one another. We know too much illegal shit about each other. I know how he got rid of his houses and made a fortune through forged mortgage documents. And he knows what I did to Joey Bastard and his family. We could both be locked up for decades, so I think he’ll keep away from me and I'll certainly keep away from him. I don’t really think there would be any bad blood anyway. Sam was actually a good guy, it was simply time to move on.
And that’s that. Well, not exactly.
After 14 years of friendship with Sam, I decided it was time to end things. It started off stupid. One night, he got mad because I yelled at him to hurry up and close the door when I picked him up from the mall. As he closed the door, he slammed it on his foot, got mad, and then left the car. In situations like that, we’d take a few hours to cool off, and then start texting each other dick jokes instead of apologies. This time was different. I started thinking of our friendship and realized that it had become pointless for me. Sam made it. He retired. And being around his success made me feel like crap. I was jealous about everything and it kinda brought me down. Whenever I’d be in the basement apartment and the Nepalis had their kids running around giving me a headache, it’d feel much worse knowing that Sam's currently building a big house in the suburbs. Anytime I felt like crap going to work in morning, it was practically embedded in my mind that Sam is probably sound asleep at the same time. While he’s taking vacations to different countries, I have to ask for vacation just to go to Brooklyn and have fun with Brooklyn Mike.
The biggest problem between Sam and I was that our egos were too similar. People who think they’re the greatest thing since sliced bread don’t usually get along, and I'm kinda surprised that we lasted this long. While our egos pumped us up, he actually proved himself by retiring. I didn’t, and it was killing me to be around him. Sure, there were the little things. I didn’t like picking him up from places and chauffeuring him around, then dropping him off at his house that had 5 cars in his driveway. I didn’t like how he’d bring me into conversations with people that he knew I didn’t like. I absolutely hated that he was still on good terms with Cameron Morgan, Joey's Bastard's old boss who swindled me out of $10,000. I didn’t like how we’d go out for lunch and he’d bring his wife, so if it was my turn to pay I’d have to pay for her as well. And I knew things were gonna end sooner than later once he got married. Single men and married men don’t stay friends very long, and our lives were moving in very different directions. But like I said, those were the little things. My jealousy over him retiring first and our competing egos were the real reasons why this friendship had to end.
Even though Smalltown is literally a small town, we won’t be seeing each other around. And I highly doubt there would be any bad blood or revenge towards one another. We know too much illegal shit about each other. I know how he got rid of his houses and made a fortune through forged mortgage documents. And he knows what I did to Joey Bastard and his family. We could both be locked up for decades, so I think he’ll keep away from me and I'll certainly keep away from him. I don’t really think there would be any bad blood anyway. Sam was actually a good guy, it was simply time to move on.
And that’s that. Well, not exactly.
That thing with Sam didn’t stop with just him. I started getting rid of other people. Dino just lost his insurance job, so now the 46-year-old homosexual Filipino is out of work in a Trump administration he helped bring to power. So after getting turned down for job after job, he and his lawyer are planning to take advantage of his “situation” and sue for discrimination. Wonderful. He also got on my nerves when he started ragging on real estate during our last dinner, defeating the entire purpose for having those fucking dinners in the first place! Helena got pissed at me for not allowing her to visit Smalltown. She didn’t seem to understand that a person who felt like a loser didn’t feel like entertaining company, so I told her to go fuck herself and we haven't spoken since. And even though Brooklyn Mike and I are on great terms, I can’t really talk to him about what I’m going through here. He knows video games and cartoons, that’s it. So I’m here by myself in Smalltown. Hmm.
I’m truly alone here, for the first time ever. When I get into a bind, I won’t have anyone to complain to. No more helpful advice from Sam. I thought this would make things worse but, ever since I got rid of him, things have been much better. I’ll go into detail in later posts, but knowing that I’ve got no one to count on has brought out that… that FIRE in me (for lack of a better term). I’m finally alone here and it feels better than I thought it would. I couldn’t sleep last night so I went out driving at around 2am to clear my head, like I used to do when I lived in Brooklyn. I was on the highway looking at the skyline and thinking, “This is my city now.” I couldn’t help but feel a sense of excitement. I mean, I’ve always had a pattern of procrastination, waiting until my back is against the wall before I do something productive. Well, I’m in a city all by myself with no backup in case I fail. I think I’m as against the wall as I could possibly be.
I’m truly alone here, for the first time ever. When I get into a bind, I won’t have anyone to complain to. No more helpful advice from Sam. I thought this would make things worse but, ever since I got rid of him, things have been much better. I’ll go into detail in later posts, but knowing that I’ve got no one to count on has brought out that… that FIRE in me (for lack of a better term). I’m finally alone here and it feels better than I thought it would. I couldn’t sleep last night so I went out driving at around 2am to clear my head, like I used to do when I lived in Brooklyn. I was on the highway looking at the skyline and thinking, “This is my city now.” I couldn’t help but feel a sense of excitement. I mean, I’ve always had a pattern of procrastination, waiting until my back is against the wall before I do something productive. Well, I’m in a city all by myself with no backup in case I fail. I think I’m as against the wall as I could possibly be.
Thanks to this blog, I have all the advice I need to succeed in real estate. Now it's time to get things done.
P.S.: I’ll be writing the April-May-June reports soon, as well as other posts that I’ve been waiting to do. It feels really good to be back in the game mentally. As far as the other questions I asked myself in the Ahkenaten Speaks post, I still don’t have those answers. Not to cop out or anything, but I think those questions are far too deep for me to solve right now. Besides, I don't have time for all that thinking. I've got a retirement to work towards...
No comments:
Post a Comment