Unnecessary Outside Food and Snacks: $238.12
Total Spent: $281.40
Let’s keep the misery of October going...
Once I discovered roaches in my apartment, I felt very uncomfortable eating there. I made a bagel with cream cheese during that time and, as I ate it, I kept thinking about how gross roaches look with their spikey legs, narrow black eyes, and those nasty little antennas. So, for the month of October, I ate mostly outside food while waiting for the pest control treatment to kill them off for good.
![]() |
| Goodness. It was visually stunning and the taste was good. |
Even though my favorite ice cream place closed for the season, there was another ice cream place that stays open until mid-November. Their ice cream isn’t as high quality as what I’m used to, but it was good enough and satisfied my cravings. I have to be careful with them, however, as they take the term “a lot of Oreos and rainbow sprinkles” very seriously. That ice cream in the above picture has about 40% ice cream and 60% toppings. Wonderful but just a bit too much Oreos for me. I also had my usual pepperoni slices and chicken wings, but the real disaster happened at the beginning of the whole ErentPayment saga.
Four Years Gone
One night, I was driving around aimlessly while talking to Brooklyn Mike on the phone. We got to the subject of food, and Mike stated that he wanted some McDonald’s. I talked about my almost 4 year ban of McDonald’s and he asked why I avoid that place when I eat foods that are equally bad for me. Usually I’d have something smart to say, but nothing came to mind. All that was in my head was something like, “McDonald’s serves crap but I eat crap all the time. I just lost over $1,600 so why not?” And, with that, a major streak ended:
![]() |
| At this point, I still had an opportunity to throw this out and drive away unharmed |
![]() |
| Once I opened the box, however, I was officially powerless |
It started out as one Big Mac. I went back 10 minutes later and got 5 more Big Macs. You know how the rest of it goes...
![]() |
| For the second half of October, I spent way too much time here with my fellow losers. Seriously, this is a sad fixture. |
October 18th: 2 Big Macs, 3 hamburgers
October 21st: 2 Big Macs, 5 hamburgers, 4 Cheeseburgers in the afternoon, then 4 Big Macs, 3 hamburgers, and 1 cheeseburger in the evening
October 22nd: 2 Big Macs, 5 hamburgers, and 3 cheeseburgers
October 25th: 3 Big Macs, 3 hamburgers, 1 cheeseburger
October 28th: 2 Big Macs, 5 hamburgers, 3 cheeseburgers
October 31st: 4 Big Macs, 3 cheeseburgers, fries
![]() |
| At the time, I thought that taking this picture would help me stop, but it just made me hungrier for more the next day |
The 21st was the worst day, because I had so much in a 12 hour span. I felt like crap but knew I wasn’t gonna stop. Looking back, there was a very good answer to Brooklyn Mike’s question of why I stayed away from McDonald’s that had nothing to do with health. The streak was something I was proud of because it showed that I was capable of self control. Whenever I went to tackle a task or break a habit, I had more confidence because of how long I stayed away from that place. It was a badge of honor, and now it’s gone. Thankfully my hunger for McDonald’s is also gone, so I guess it’s time for another streak.
I went to the gym on October 2nd, determined to restart my routine after not working out for over a month. I got onto the chest fly machine, put it to my usual 220lbs, and then did my first set of ten. After it was done, I felt a pain in and around my left shoulder and bicep. Instead of stopping, I did another set. This is my fucking pattern and I thought I had broken it. Instead, I messed up my arm and haven't been able to work out since. It's tough to get rid of that meathead mentality when I have that UFC song blaring in my ears.
With the roaches gone (I think), I can finally buy groceries and start cooking at home again. I should be going to BJs early next week, as I've already gotten tired of eating outside food. As far as working out, I'll go slow. In about 10 minutes, I'm gonna do a few pushups to get myself started. It's gonna take some time to heal whatever is going on with my left shoulder/tricep/bicep, but I really can't wait to go back to the gym. I'm tired of spending $20 a month to NOT go to the gym. Injuries suck, but they're even worse when I'm too stupid to avoid an avoidable situation.
November should be a great rebound, as long as there are no more roaches and I take my time with the recovery process. I'm just glad October is over with.
P.S.: I just read this post over again, and that drive-thru picture is torturous. I am so glad I no longer have to wait on that god-forsaken line.





No comments:
Post a Comment