![]() |
| Really?? |
A discount? What the fuck kind of an explanation is this??! I asked a simple question and, instead of an answer, he gave me a discount. I was actually insulted, as if this mother fucker thought I was being cheap and didn't want to pay. I had no problems paying the $500, but I wanted an explanation of the services rendered. What is so hard about this? Ugh!
A couple weeks later I went to pay the $435. While there, I expressed my disappointment with the head secretary, Rene. She told me that the 2016 tax returns were charged on a curve, so some people got charged more even though their tax return didn’t warrant it. A curve??!! I never understood curves when I was a kid in school, and I definitely didn’t understand it this time. Is it so difficult to find an accountant who will simply do the job and charge me for the work done? I really don’t think I’m asking for much. Not wanting the drama, I paid the money then left… never to return. Now I need a new accountant.
One of my goals for this month is to find a new accountant, one who understands real estate. Matt sold himself on being a guy who had real estate clients, but he didn’t offer any real estate advice that I couldn’t find on an average real estate website. If I can’t find one, I may go back to the devil I know… Tax Guy Ross. My issue with him was that he didn’t respond to a couple emails I sent, but he never overcharged me and helped me out a lot when I was trying to get Property 3. But he’s not a real estate accountant, which was another issue.
Higher-level real estate guys are tightly knit and won’t take an outsider seriously if not referred by one of their own, so it won’t be easy to find the real estate accountant I want. But I’m always inspired by that post I wrote about connections, so I have to work hard knowing just how big a benefit the right one can bring me.

No comments:
Post a Comment