DDP Yoga (Warm-up) Thursday (Sept 11th)
Red Hot Core and Fat Burner
My initial plan was to do this workout, and then follow it up with Below the Belt on Saturday. My mom's surprise visit on the weekend made it near impossible, so I'm doing all of Week 8's workouts this week. But Thursday's workout was really good, as it was my very first DDP Yoga workout in my new apartment. I couldn't get my arms up all the way, but I was still able to get a good stretch by bending my forearms. My thighs were hurting for at least 4 straight days afterwards, so I guess it was a good idea to use this as a warm-up.
Last week was great, but it was Friday that really made it perfect. Besides the wand being broken and being able to stay at home, I had three separate people come up to me and tell me that I've lost a lot of weight. The first was the annoying booth lady at the bank job's parking garage. I've always despised her, as she reminds me of those gossipy church ladies that made me stop going to church when I was younger. But she finally said something useful:
“Wow, you've lost a lot of weight! You ain't sick, are you?”
The second was my boss Charles at the shipping depot:
“Hey Ahkenaten, what're you doin'? You look like you shed some weight off ya.”
And the last person to comment on it was, of course, Anita:
“Oh my goodness! I didn't even recognize you! You're losing too much weight! Now you need to build more muscle.”
Never enough for Anita, but her comment was well-received regardless. It was nice to know that I'm getting so much outside confirmation that I'm losing a lot of weight thanks to DDP Yoga and eating home-made healthy foods. Sometimes it's tough to see from my perspective, so a third party is usually a good indication. It's also a good motivator to keep doing what I'm doing, because it's obviously working.
No comments:
Post a Comment