So after Sam talked about his retirement plans and reasons, I decided to talk about mine.
I told him that, should the stock trading thing work out, it would make no sense for me to work any longer. I mean, seriously, look at what I’m doing. Last night I finished yet ANOTHER 36 hour work weekend to make a measly $300—the same amount that I can make in a couple hours trading stock. As I make decent profits, I can use that money to buy more properties that have good rentability and equity (like Property 4 for example). When I work, my job income is the stable money while the rental income is the more volatile. When I retire, the trading income will take its place in volatility while the rental income will take the place of the jobs. It’s a simple strategy that I think can work. In fact, it has to work.
We then touched on a multitude of different retirement subjects, like traveling, buying properties in different states/countries, whether I’ll ever move out of the basement apartment, and Sam’s desire to buy a home and start a family with Sonya. All in all, it was an excellent conversation where Sam let his defenses down and talked about stuff that he usually keeps to himself. Since then, we’ve kinda kept the conversation going and I’d like to see where this leads. Even though he has different reasons than I, we’re both retiring from paycheck work relatively soon. Maybe I can bounce ideas off him like I do with Damon and come up with even better ways to replace my job income.
You know, Sam, Brooklyn Mike, and I are all at the financial stages that we’ve always wanted. Brooklyn Mike finally has a good job and should be moving into his very first apartment before the end of June. Sam and I always wanted to retire from paycheck work, and it should all be over very soon. The next phase will be managing our new positions in life with responsibility while enjoying the fruits of our labor.
I told him that, should the stock trading thing work out, it would make no sense for me to work any longer. I mean, seriously, look at what I’m doing. Last night I finished yet ANOTHER 36 hour work weekend to make a measly $300—the same amount that I can make in a couple hours trading stock. As I make decent profits, I can use that money to buy more properties that have good rentability and equity (like Property 4 for example). When I work, my job income is the stable money while the rental income is the more volatile. When I retire, the trading income will take its place in volatility while the rental income will take the place of the jobs. It’s a simple strategy that I think can work. In fact, it has to work.
We then touched on a multitude of different retirement subjects, like traveling, buying properties in different states/countries, whether I’ll ever move out of the basement apartment, and Sam’s desire to buy a home and start a family with Sonya. All in all, it was an excellent conversation where Sam let his defenses down and talked about stuff that he usually keeps to himself. Since then, we’ve kinda kept the conversation going and I’d like to see where this leads. Even though he has different reasons than I, we’re both retiring from paycheck work relatively soon. Maybe I can bounce ideas off him like I do with Damon and come up with even better ways to replace my job income.
You know, Sam, Brooklyn Mike, and I are all at the financial stages that we’ve always wanted. Brooklyn Mike finally has a good job and should be moving into his very first apartment before the end of June. Sam and I always wanted to retire from paycheck work, and it should all be over very soon. The next phase will be managing our new positions in life with responsibility while enjoying the fruits of our labor.
No comments:
Post a Comment