Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Did I Miss Out?

Man this feels good! The 80 degree days are gone. My muscles and bones feel so much better with all the good sleep I’ve been getting, and that makes me wanna post. With that, I'll bring up something that happened a couple months ago. I had just finished a round at the bank job and was waiting for the elevator. Ms. Husky walks up and waits with me. Hmm, I don't like that name anymore. Let's call her Big Karin.

Big Karin: Hello.

Me: Hi, how are you?

Big Karin: Good, you?

Me: Can’t complain. (after a while, I notice her dog) What kind of dog is that?

Big Karin: It’s a [I can’t remember what she said].

Me: That’s really cool that you have a job where you can bring your dog to work every day.

Big Karin: Yeah, well I own the company so I can pretty much do what I want.


I don’t remember the rest of the conversation but it ended soon after that and we went our different ways. But from that one short conversation, I became attracted to Ms. Husky. So I did some research on her name and found that she runs her own law practice in the downtown area. She's even been on the news, giving her take on current events. Further research (okay, stalking) revealed that she just married a guy she met two weeks after she hit in me. This means that we definitely had a chance for something when she hit on me. So the question is this: Did I miss out?

Whenever I see a woman who’s successful, I’m immediately attracted to her. What was once a 4, like Big Karin, becomes a 7. There’s something so sexy about a successful woman to me, one who owns her own company in the downtown district. And it’s not that I want her money. Shit, I’d consider it a dealbreaker if any woman paid for a date. I just like the fact that she can take care of herself. That’s my kind of broad. There are so many successful not-so-attractive women I’d fuck purely out of respect (Oprah, Serena Williams, Beth Comstock, etc.). Success and power in a woman is a massive aphrodisiac for me. And while I’m on the subject…

I made a huge mistake last weekend. I forgot to put enough on my tablet to watch at the shipping depot. I had to watch whatever I had reserved, which was the Before series (Before Sunrise, Before Sunset, Before Midnight). I have those movies reserved to watch when I’m ready to date… to put me in a dating mood, you know? Well I watched all three and I’m getting that itch, man. The dialogue is so rich and authentic, especially that scene in Midnight where those couples are sitting down having lunch. It just reminds me of relationships and sex. Then there's the memory of prospective tenant Ashley, whose face and body is branded in my brain. Combine that with the cooler weather plus re-watching Felicity, and I think I’m gonna try dating again soon. I'm starting to get that itch and I may need to scratch it, especially once winter settles in.

So, did I miss out with Big Karin? Probably not. There’s no doubt that our conversations about law and our debates would be awesome, and maybe the sex would be good. But the fact remains that there will come that one morning that I wake up next to her and realize that her looks do matter. She’s no Shania. She’s just a successful woman, which made me attracted to her. But that’s all. Now that she’s married, she shouldn’t have any temptations or feelings about me. Maybe she can be on the list of women I have conversations with to get my conversational rhythm back.I get the feeling I may need to get it back sooner than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment