The Quicken Loans guy called me on Monday to let me know that he had to put my application on hold because I haven’t done my 2015 taxes yet. He said that once he gets my tax return, he’ll continue the application process. I got off the phone and was pissed. I wasn’t pissed off at him or at the situation. I was pissed at me and my procrastinating ways. Let’s look at this for a bit…
I got my tax information back mid-January, right? From January 15 until September 15, that’s 8 months. I did the tax prep last night and gave it to Tax Guy Matt this morning. Getting all the info together took a little less than an hour. An HOUR. 240 days to do an hour’s worth of work. And it wasn’t because I was too busy or depression or any bullshit like that, because I still make time to watch downloaded TV shows and movies. I’m just a lazy bastard who waits until my back is against the wall before I do something. I’ve written several posts on my old blog about my issues with procrastination, so I won’t go into that anymore. It’s just that, with so much on the line next year, I have to change my routine.
Eight months to do an hour’s work. Fifteen months without clean the bathroom. Two weeks without brushing my teeth. Three days without bathing. At some point in the past two years, I’ve done all of this. So much wasted time over nothing. Instead of trading at the end of October, I’ll have to wait until the end of November or December. All that for nothing. Ugh! I’ll have to come up with a new routine to maximize the work I do.
I got my tax information back mid-January, right? From January 15 until September 15, that’s 8 months. I did the tax prep last night and gave it to Tax Guy Matt this morning. Getting all the info together took a little less than an hour. An HOUR. 240 days to do an hour’s worth of work. And it wasn’t because I was too busy or depression or any bullshit like that, because I still make time to watch downloaded TV shows and movies. I’m just a lazy bastard who waits until my back is against the wall before I do something. I’ve written several posts on my old blog about my issues with procrastination, so I won’t go into that anymore. It’s just that, with so much on the line next year, I have to change my routine.
Eight months to do an hour’s work. Fifteen months without clean the bathroom. Two weeks without brushing my teeth. Three days without bathing. At some point in the past two years, I’ve done all of this. So much wasted time over nothing. Instead of trading at the end of October, I’ll have to wait until the end of November or December. All that for nothing. Ugh! I’ll have to come up with a new routine to maximize the work I do.
When I get out of work today, for example, I'm gonna go home, jerk off, and then sleep. I'll wake up at around 6pm and then watch old TV shows until it’s time to go sleep again. Somewhere in that time I'll eat something. I literally do nothing but eat and sleep. I need a new routine, man. What about Yoruba? What about stock research? What about installing the electronic lock set I bought back in August for the basement apartment? What about DDP Yoga? A push-up? A fucking CRUNCH??!! I mean, can one imagine how my life would change if I used even half of my free time productively each day?
P.S.: One would think that I would've been motivated to do something productive after writing this post. I published it, watched an old porno (old porn feels new), jerked off, and then took a nap while an episode of Married with Children played in the background. I woke up, saw it was around 7:30pm, then watched episodes of Judge Judy on YouTube until I got tired enough to sleep. Ugh. I've got a ways to go, dear blog. A long, pathetic ways to go.
P.S.: One would think that I would've been motivated to do something productive after writing this post. I published it, watched an old porno (old porn feels new), jerked off, and then took a nap while an episode of Married with Children played in the background. I woke up, saw it was around 7:30pm, then watched episodes of Judge Judy on YouTube until I got tired enough to sleep. Ugh. I've got a ways to go, dear blog. A long, pathetic ways to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment