AUGUST
Groceries: $128.91
Unnecessary Outside Food and Snacks: $87.22
Total Spent for August: $216.13
SEPTEMBER
Groceries: $84.72
Unnecessary Outside Food and Snacks: $212.80
Total Spent for September: $297.52
I did okay in August, but noticed that my outside food spending went up in the week leading to the NYC trip to BM Shangri-La. When I came back in September, I still had that outside food taste. It didn’t help that I was busy renovating 2 apartments, which usually leads me to eat outside. It didn’t help that I made $200 in application fees, making it very easy to buy food. And it definitely didn’t help that I found a place in Smalltown that made the best ice cream ever.
You know, it wasn’t just the taste. The price was $3.85, and I’m used to paying over $5 at Friendly’s for their shit that was nowhere near as delicious. When I found out that the iced cream shop was closing October 1st for the season, I went there almost every day. On the last day, the old man that owns the place thanked me for my patronage and gave me free ice cream. That was pretty neat, and definitely one of the reasons why I prefer small businesses to big chains.
For some reason I had a horrible time sleeping when I came back from NYC in September. I’d spend hours tossing and turning, doing anything I could to sleep. It got so bad at one point that I dreaded going to sleep and would stay up playing games until I tired myself out. Then I found something that helped me sleep very well:
I was hooked on these wings for about two weeks, and they helped me get my sleep patterns back to normal. While I stopped eating the wings, I need to stock up on foods to cook at home that can make me sleep.
For the month of October, things should go back to normal. With 100% occupancy at the properties, I can stay home and make my foods. Not having the "free money" of application fees will also make it much harder to rationalize buying food when I have good stuff in the refrigerator. I’ll also be able to go to the gym, as I haven’t been there since August. September was a crazy month but I got a lot done. October is back to the routine, and it should be an easy transition with very little else to do.
P.S.: The iced cream guy decided to stay open through the weekend, so it looks like I'll definitely have some outside food spending for October.
Groceries: $128.91
Unnecessary Outside Food and Snacks: $87.22
Total Spent for August: $216.13
SEPTEMBER
Groceries: $84.72
Unnecessary Outside Food and Snacks: $212.80
Total Spent for September: $297.52
I did okay in August, but noticed that my outside food spending went up in the week leading to the NYC trip to BM Shangri-La. When I came back in September, I still had that outside food taste. It didn’t help that I was busy renovating 2 apartments, which usually leads me to eat outside. It didn’t help that I made $200 in application fees, making it very easy to buy food. And it definitely didn’t help that I found a place in Smalltown that made the best ice cream ever.
You know, it wasn’t just the taste. The price was $3.85, and I’m used to paying over $5 at Friendly’s for their shit that was nowhere near as delicious. When I found out that the iced cream shop was closing October 1st for the season, I went there almost every day. On the last day, the old man that owns the place thanked me for my patronage and gave me free ice cream. That was pretty neat, and definitely one of the reasons why I prefer small businesses to big chains.
For some reason I had a horrible time sleeping when I came back from NYC in September. I’d spend hours tossing and turning, doing anything I could to sleep. It got so bad at one point that I dreaded going to sleep and would stay up playing games until I tired myself out. Then I found something that helped me sleep very well:
![]() |
| A dozen wings, all drumstick, and light on the mild sauce. After a short while, the guys at the pizza place memorized my order so I didn't have to say anything. |
I was hooked on these wings for about two weeks, and they helped me get my sleep patterns back to normal. While I stopped eating the wings, I need to stock up on foods to cook at home that can make me sleep.
For the month of October, things should go back to normal. With 100% occupancy at the properties, I can stay home and make my foods. Not having the "free money" of application fees will also make it much harder to rationalize buying food when I have good stuff in the refrigerator. I’ll also be able to go to the gym, as I haven’t been there since August. September was a crazy month but I got a lot done. October is back to the routine, and it should be an easy transition with very little else to do.
P.S.: The iced cream guy decided to stay open through the weekend, so it looks like I'll definitely have some outside food spending for October.


No comments:
Post a Comment