For years and years, I’ve always been someone who stuck to his prejudices. Usually they’re based on real life experiences, like my negative feelings about black tenants or my positive feelings about homos. September put almost all my prejudices to the test, and one of my biggest, longstanding prejudices came crashing down.
At Property 2 in September, I had a chance to get a woman who worked two jobs and made 84K a year. Her background check was perfect, and any normal landlord would have jumped at the chance to get her as a tenant. But I hesitated. I hesitated because she was a single woman. Single women are annoying, and call you about every little thing. That’s been my prejudice. If a woman wants to rent an apartment from me, she’d better have a man with her. I remember actually writing those exact words in one of my old posts. But my experiences both in real estate and in life has made it clear that this prejudice has to change.
You know, women are now making more money than ever. When I thought about this scenario, I didn’t see any negative effects. But it seems that, with women making more money, men are doing less. Women pay the bills while the men are sitting in the passenger side doing nothing. Rappers now boast in their songs about how their woman takes care of them. What the fuck happened to “man of the house” and being a provider?? I couldn’t give a shit how much money a woman makes, the job of “provider” has been and always will be a man’s job. And to see these bitch ass men give up that role so easily is… UGH! But here are a couple of examples just to illustrate my point:
It’s disgusting. If this were a Stock Trade post, I’d say that the stock of man has fallen while the stock of women has gone up considerably. I know that my beliefs about men and women may seem antiquated, but one can’t ignore nature. Men are born with strength so that we can go out there and provide for their women/families. Women can go out and work and make all the money they want, but the job of provider naturally goes to the man. It's... it's our birthright. And it’s gross to see so many dickless men giving up their role, proud of themselves that their women take care of them. I’ve seen so many lease applications of couples, where the woman makes money while the man has nothing… or is on Public Assistance.
At Property 2 in September, I had a chance to get a woman who worked two jobs and made 84K a year. Her background check was perfect, and any normal landlord would have jumped at the chance to get her as a tenant. But I hesitated. I hesitated because she was a single woman. Single women are annoying, and call you about every little thing. That’s been my prejudice. If a woman wants to rent an apartment from me, she’d better have a man with her. I remember actually writing those exact words in one of my old posts. But my experiences both in real estate and in life has made it clear that this prejudice has to change.
You know, women are now making more money than ever. When I thought about this scenario, I didn’t see any negative effects. But it seems that, with women making more money, men are doing less. Women pay the bills while the men are sitting in the passenger side doing nothing. Rappers now boast in their songs about how their woman takes care of them. What the fuck happened to “man of the house” and being a provider?? I couldn’t give a shit how much money a woman makes, the job of “provider” has been and always will be a man’s job. And to see these bitch ass men give up that role so easily is… UGH! But here are a couple of examples just to illustrate my point:
- At Property X last month, the single mother with 3 kids (typical black family) had an issue with the hot water tank. While Alfonso was trying to troubleshoot the water heater, she called her man to help fix the situation. What did he do? He came over and advised her to call code enforcement on us. That’s it. He didn’t say to Alfonso, “Okay, I’m gonna stay right here while you fix this shit because my woman and kids deserve hot water.” He didn’t say, “Okay, I’m gonna find a HVAC guy who can come in and fix this shit and ya’ll can pay his bill because my woman and kids deserve hot water.” He simply told her to call code enforcement, which almost got her kicked out of the house. Code enforcement is reserved for people who are being ignored my property management, which wasn’t the case here. I was so close to having Alfonso throw her out, but she apologized to him. Oh, and when I was painting the upstairs property last month, I heard her on the phone yelling at her man saying, “I’m the one working two jobs to pay the bills for this place and you ain’t doin’ shit!”
- While I was on vacation in March, Edward contacted me on a Saturday to say that he found a mouse running around in the house. He found the hole where the mouse was coming from and wanted Alfonso to come over and close it up. When I told him that Alfonso was busy that he’d have to wait until that coming Monday, he said okay and left it like that. He didn’t block the hole with something, or put a mouse trap underneath the hole. He just left it like that while Gabby, his girlfriend who’s terrified of mice, stayed cooped up in her room until the pest control people came and treated the place. That’s her man.
It’s disgusting. If this were a Stock Trade post, I’d say that the stock of man has fallen while the stock of women has gone up considerably. I know that my beliefs about men and women may seem antiquated, but one can’t ignore nature. Men are born with strength so that we can go out there and provide for their women/families. Women can go out and work and make all the money they want, but the job of provider naturally goes to the man. It's... it's our birthright. And it’s gross to see so many dickless men giving up their role, proud of themselves that their women take care of them. I’ve seen so many lease applications of couples, where the woman makes money while the man has nothing… or is on Public Assistance.
As always, there are exceptions. Sebastian of Property 1 takes care of his apartment and his girl without bothering me. Even though they both work hard, he's always the one who pays the rent. And Eugene, despite his constant late payments and high-pitched voice, works hard to be the man of the house. But they're in the minority, as most of my past coupled tenants had pussified men who let their women take point.
So from now on, single women get a fair shake from me. I’m still gonna do my background checks the same as described in my Rent Out guide. But no more bias. And as far as my other prejudices... I guess they'll have to prove me wrong as well.
So from now on, single women get a fair shake from me. I’m still gonna do my background checks the same as described in my Rent Out guide. But no more bias. And as far as my other prejudices... I guess they'll have to prove me wrong as well.
P.S.: You know, this doesn't mean that single women are preferred. I have to be careful about the types of dudes they choose to bring in the apartment. And I still find them to be pains in the ass who want me to come over and do simple shit. But with men now acting like bitches, what's the difference?
No comments:
Post a Comment