I had a post I wanted to write about women and stuff, but that will have to wait for another day. Possibly the weekend. Right now I’m in my car, and it looks like it’s gonna be another one of those miserable nights. Maybe writing this post will make me feel better.
For the past few days, I'd been having issues with getting two rents from Erent Payment, the online rent collection service I use. I figured that the delay had to do with Columbas Day, so I gave them some extra time. By the 16th, I was out of patience and called them up. They said that the bank they use to process payments is having issues and that they’re in the process of switching processors. The next day I tried to call, and an automated message said that they would not be taking any more calls due to “high volume”. This afternoon I had to go to their Facebook page to get this message:
“We regret to inform you that our payment processor, eCheckit, has informed us that it expects to file for bankruptcy protection shortly. We are told that it suffered losses due to a fraud and that its processor, Check Commerce, has held over $4 million of its funds and will not release the funds to the intended recipients at this time. Please note that eRentPayment had nothing to do with the fraud eCheckit suffered. It was apparently caused by another client of eCheckit.
The transactions potentially affected were submitted after approximately 7:31:00 PM (Pacific time) on 10/03/2017 through approximately 7:01:33 PM (Pacific time) on 10/12/2017. Any transactions submitted after this time period should not be affected as they are being processed through eRentPayment’s new direct bank relationship. Similarly, any future transactions should not be affected as they will be run through the new direct processing relationship.
We do not know if or when Check Commerce will send the pending transactions to the recipients. Accordingly, you should consider your options including having the tenant contact his or her bank to request the transaction be reversed. Specifically, the tenant may initiate a return for an ”Incomplete Transaction.” We understand that the return code for this is “R10” and the bank will require a written statement from the tenant. Also, the tenant will have a limited time period to request the return from his bank, usually within 60 days from the date of the transaction.
We are contacting the Attorney General of Arizona, NACHA, and reviewing legal action against the relevant parties.
When we have more information, we will let you know”
To do a summary, your money is gone, not our fault, so now go and get the money on your own.
As one might guess, I’m pretty pissed off. How are companies allowed to be this shady?! I can’t pass the fault down to the tenants because they have nothing to do with it. I have no idea about this but I’m pretty sure legal fees to go after these animals will cost much more than the money that was stolen. And what pissed me off the most was that they notified everyone through a Facebook post. They cut off all communication with their defrauded customers except through Facebook. Not an email. Not a phone call. Just a fucking Facebook post. What about all the human people like me who have no use for 95% of social media? How were we supposed to know??! They actually waited for people to complain before giving us information that they've known for weeks!
So I’m currently out rents from two tenants. Tomorrow I’ll have to send a text to all my tenants to stop using Erent Payment immediately and start using the bank. One of the cool things about having a business banking account is that tenants can deposit money in there and I don’t have to give them the account number, just the name. Maybe I should have been doing that all along.
But it’s more than the situation with Erent. Tax Guy Matt sent me a bill for $500 for doing my taxes all the way back in May. I didn’t understand why it was so much when the previous year it was $375 (filed very late) and the year before that it was $187. He said he’d get back to me. Months go buy and I get another bill for the same $500, but now stating that I will have to pay a 15% penalty if I don’t pay by September 15th. I went to his office to talk to him, and again he said he’d look into it. Of course, he hasn’t. It feels like everyone I’m paying is fucking me like crazy, and I can’t stand it. I’m surrounded by incompetence, vultures, and crooks. And to top it off, Dharma texted me about an hour ago that her family is having ANOTHER fucking festival starting tomorrow, and ending Sunday. I’d love to respond to this bullshit with a 30-day notice, but I no longer have the funds needed to throw them out with Erent stealing my money!
I tried calling Brooklyn Mike to vent, but he ignored me twice so I decided to block him and possibly end our friendship. Nino's gone. Sam’s gone. Helena’s gone. In times like these, if the one friend I have left is ignoring my calls, then what's his true value?
For the past few days, I'd been having issues with getting two rents from Erent Payment, the online rent collection service I use. I figured that the delay had to do with Columbas Day, so I gave them some extra time. By the 16th, I was out of patience and called them up. They said that the bank they use to process payments is having issues and that they’re in the process of switching processors. The next day I tried to call, and an automated message said that they would not be taking any more calls due to “high volume”. This afternoon I had to go to their Facebook page to get this message:
“We regret to inform you that our payment processor, eCheckit, has informed us that it expects to file for bankruptcy protection shortly. We are told that it suffered losses due to a fraud and that its processor, Check Commerce, has held over $4 million of its funds and will not release the funds to the intended recipients at this time. Please note that eRentPayment had nothing to do with the fraud eCheckit suffered. It was apparently caused by another client of eCheckit.
The transactions potentially affected were submitted after approximately 7:31:00 PM (Pacific time) on 10/03/2017 through approximately 7:01:33 PM (Pacific time) on 10/12/2017. Any transactions submitted after this time period should not be affected as they are being processed through eRentPayment’s new direct bank relationship. Similarly, any future transactions should not be affected as they will be run through the new direct processing relationship.
We do not know if or when Check Commerce will send the pending transactions to the recipients. Accordingly, you should consider your options including having the tenant contact his or her bank to request the transaction be reversed. Specifically, the tenant may initiate a return for an ”Incomplete Transaction.” We understand that the return code for this is “R10” and the bank will require a written statement from the tenant. Also, the tenant will have a limited time period to request the return from his bank, usually within 60 days from the date of the transaction.
We are contacting the Attorney General of Arizona, NACHA, and reviewing legal action against the relevant parties.
When we have more information, we will let you know”
To do a summary, your money is gone, not our fault, so now go and get the money on your own.
As one might guess, I’m pretty pissed off. How are companies allowed to be this shady?! I can’t pass the fault down to the tenants because they have nothing to do with it. I have no idea about this but I’m pretty sure legal fees to go after these animals will cost much more than the money that was stolen. And what pissed me off the most was that they notified everyone through a Facebook post. They cut off all communication with their defrauded customers except through Facebook. Not an email. Not a phone call. Just a fucking Facebook post. What about all the human people like me who have no use for 95% of social media? How were we supposed to know??! They actually waited for people to complain before giving us information that they've known for weeks!
So I’m currently out rents from two tenants. Tomorrow I’ll have to send a text to all my tenants to stop using Erent Payment immediately and start using the bank. One of the cool things about having a business banking account is that tenants can deposit money in there and I don’t have to give them the account number, just the name. Maybe I should have been doing that all along.
But it’s more than the situation with Erent. Tax Guy Matt sent me a bill for $500 for doing my taxes all the way back in May. I didn’t understand why it was so much when the previous year it was $375 (filed very late) and the year before that it was $187. He said he’d get back to me. Months go buy and I get another bill for the same $500, but now stating that I will have to pay a 15% penalty if I don’t pay by September 15th. I went to his office to talk to him, and again he said he’d look into it. Of course, he hasn’t. It feels like everyone I’m paying is fucking me like crazy, and I can’t stand it. I’m surrounded by incompetence, vultures, and crooks. And to top it off, Dharma texted me about an hour ago that her family is having ANOTHER fucking festival starting tomorrow, and ending Sunday. I’d love to respond to this bullshit with a 30-day notice, but I no longer have the funds needed to throw them out with Erent stealing my money!
I tried calling Brooklyn Mike to vent, but he ignored me twice so I decided to block him and possibly end our friendship. Nino's gone. Sam’s gone. Helena’s gone. In times like these, if the one friend I have left is ignoring my calls, then what's his true value?
So instead, I’m here at 11:49pm at a Dick’s Sporting Goods parking lot writing a post on this blog that seems to be the last friend I’ve got left. I read that back and it sounds sad, but I’m cool with that. And it kinda makes sense with how useless I feel people. They prove it time after time, yet I still force myself to learn the lesson over and over again. On my old blog, I remember writing something like "Real Estate isn't easy. Doing real estate by yourself is damn near impossible!" Most times I don't feel that way, but I definitely feel that shit tonight.
I remember how proud I was that this blog was becoming more about finding solutions to problems rather than venting about shit like a lunatic. But there’s no one around anymore to talk to so, in times like this, I’m forced to use this blog. But, just to show that I’m all about the solutions:
Tomorrow I’ll send a text to all tenants, telling them to start depositing money directly into my account. I’ll even send a picture of a filled out deposit slip for the dumbasses. I’ll go to Tax Guy Matt tomorrow and ask what the fuck. I’ll have to deal with Dharma and her bullshit when I’m in a better financial position to throw them out. With winter starting, that probably won’t be until March/April.
It’s a shitty time to be Ahkenaten Kor, but I feel a bit better after writing this post. Thanks.
P.S.: I just read this post back, and I can see someone saying, "Hey, if someone stole from you then go after them!! If tenants are making noise throw them out! Don't take shit from anyone!" Yeah, that's nice. But my situation is obviously different. Real estate, stocks, women... I really have no passion for any of this stuff. I never forget that all this shit is just a way for me to pass the time until I can finally go home, you know what I mean? My hope was to make enough money so that I could pass that time in style without paycheck work and all. Vacations. Great sex. Maybe that can still happen. Maybe not. In the end, it really doesn't matter.
I remember how proud I was that this blog was becoming more about finding solutions to problems rather than venting about shit like a lunatic. But there’s no one around anymore to talk to so, in times like this, I’m forced to use this blog. But, just to show that I’m all about the solutions:
Tomorrow I’ll send a text to all tenants, telling them to start depositing money directly into my account. I’ll even send a picture of a filled out deposit slip for the dumbasses. I’ll go to Tax Guy Matt tomorrow and ask what the fuck. I’ll have to deal with Dharma and her bullshit when I’m in a better financial position to throw them out. With winter starting, that probably won’t be until March/April.
It’s a shitty time to be Ahkenaten Kor, but I feel a bit better after writing this post. Thanks.
P.S.: I just read this post back, and I can see someone saying, "Hey, if someone stole from you then go after them!! If tenants are making noise throw them out! Don't take shit from anyone!" Yeah, that's nice. But my situation is obviously different. Real estate, stocks, women... I really have no passion for any of this stuff. I never forget that all this shit is just a way for me to pass the time until I can finally go home, you know what I mean? My hope was to make enough money so that I could pass that time in style without paycheck work and all. Vacations. Great sex. Maybe that can still happen. Maybe not. In the end, it really doesn't matter.
No comments:
Post a Comment