Sunday, February 24, 2019

FIVE

     Five more weekends, and then it's over. Sunday March 31st, 2019. That will be the last day I work a paycheck job. After that, I’ll be on my own with no help from a paycheck job for the first time in almost 20 years. Whether I make it to the 31st depends on how I handle issues with this boss of mine.

      This worthless piece of garbage has been trying to get me fired since she got the job. First she had a problem with the fact that I stayed in my car during worktime. In my mind, as long as I was in the garage there’s no problem. So she called a boss and had me stay in the garage office where people can walk by and see me in all my shame. Then the security wand broke, so now she has everyone text her when they are on each floor during a round on weekends, and on weekdays we have to call. For EACH FLOOR of EVERY ROUND. Now she had a problem with the way I do my rounds back to back, so now I have to do them in a way that exposes me to even more embarrassment, as I liked to do my rounds at times that I knew no one would be around. What bothers me most is that she doesn’t tell me anything. When she sees something she doesn’t like, she immediately tells her boss who then calls me and complains. This shit is getting so childish, and every week it’s something different.

     The other day I got into an argument with that same boss over this bullshit, and I was so close to quitting. It was the closest I’ve ever been to quitting a job on the spot. But Brooklyn Mike calmed me down and reminded me that I only have one more month of this bullshit left. After that, I’ll be free. And a part of me is glad that this worthless animal will be my last boss no matter what. With the incredible amount of debt I’m in, I’m pretty sure there will be times that I’ll be tempted to get a job to pay the debts off faster. Having these memories of what it’s like to have some asshole tell me what to do if I wanna get paid will definitely make me stop in my tracks. It may take me longer to pay off my debts, but at least I’ll be free enough to enjoy whatever life I make for myself.

     My shift ends in about an hour. After that, it's five more weekends of holding my tongue, restraining my anger, and dealing with all the bullshit. It'll be tough, so I'll probably use this blog to help me out. Counting down the amount of weekends I have left will make things a little easier. So let the countdown begin...

P.S.: You know, it's not lost on me that I wouldn't have had to go through this shit if I hadn't lent my father my life savings. $19,000. Had I kept it instead, I would have been able to quit, and had enough money to finish the renovations of the remaining two apartments, plus have money left over to pay down a huge chunk of my debt. Trust me, I think about it every fucking day.

No comments:

Post a Comment