Sunday, March 3, 2019

FOUR

     Not much happened this week at the bank job. My idiot boss is running out of things to change-up on me, and that makes the job a bit easier to do. But the worst part of the job is still there: outside rounds.


The Public Shame

     The worst thing about any security job for me is doing outside rounds... showing myself in public as a security guard. It hurts my ego tremendously. Up until my new boss was hired, I was able to avoid these rounds and no one cared. But with her, she makes sure that we do our outside rounds at the worst possible time. On Saturdays, for example, I have to do outside rounds at about the same time that people are out downtown going to clubs and partying. Walking past these people in my crappy security suit while they get to party never feels good. And it's not because I miss partying... I never really liked parties or clubbing even when I wasn't working. And it's not because I care about what those people may think. No, it feels awful because they were doing whatever they want to do at the same time that I was forced to work at this pathetic job that I've had for over a decade. Seriously, it feels like I'm a wild dog on a tight leash in a dog park where dogs run free.

     I honestly believe that, were it not for the outside rounds, I would probably stay at the bank job through April (or until I get Property 3's vacant apartment rented out.). You know, that's actually not a bad idea. Maybe I'll wait until the end of March, and then do my rounds without going outside. I can keep doing that until they find out and fire me, but by then I'll have the money I need plus a little extra. We'll see.

     In the meantime, the countdown continues and I'm just about done with this weekend. Thank the fuck!

No comments:

Post a Comment