Sunday, March 24, 2019

ONE and THREE QUARTERS

     Remember last week when I said how cool it was to be able to play the GPD WIN 2 at my job during my weekday shifts? Well, here's what happened on Wednesday:

Of course
     
     The funny thing about this is that I've babied this machine ever since I got it, so I had no idea why the hell the plastic broke. I did some online research and discovered that other GPD owners had the same problem, as the plastic around the hinge gets warped quickly. I tried using super glue, but it ended up leaking into the L1 and L2 buttons so they no longer work. I ended up using super glue on the back of it so it kinda works, but it can no longer close and the L1 and L2 buttons are done. So, no more games at work.

     As the title of this post indicates, I've done some recalculations. My hope was for my tax refund to help pay my bills, but it ended up being way lower than I thought. After earning a paltry $4,000 in 2018 with all the expenses of Property 5, I'm only getting back $2,300 from the IRS, and they're taking the entire thing to pay back taxes. This means that all the money I spent in 2018 meant nothing, and I'm still in debt to the government to the tune of $440. The state is giving me some money back but it's really not much. I have Tax Guy Ross to pay for both this return and the last one, plus I have Handyman Alfonso to pay back for the attic apartment. So I now have to stay at work and be on my best behavior until at LEAST April 14th, three weekends from now. Whether I make it or not depends on what happens this coming week.

     One of the branches was robbed last week, so we all have to do Robbery Training. Normally that wouldn't be a big deal, but the "captain" of this region will be coming either Tuesday or Wednesday. If he comes on Tuesday, then I'll have no problems because that's my day off. If it's Wednesday, then I might as well quit that day. He and I do not get along, and if he tries to piss me off I'm gonna curse him out and get fired. I'd like to say that I can be the better man, but a guy like him talking down to me is something my ego would never let go. There's just something very annoying about non-military personnel giving themselves military titles. I just can't respect a guy like that. Nevertheless, we'll see how things go this week.

P.S.: I know what you're thinking. I'll keep making excuses to work and will end up staying through the year. And I can understand the logic, with me being a money whore and all. But things are different with this job. I really hate it here, but I'd really like to use my remaining weeks to pay off debts to Alfonso and Ross. Besides, I already let Brooklyn Mike know I'm coming to hang with him for the entire month of May... so the latest I can stay at the bank job is April 28th.

No comments:

Post a Comment