Made it to April! Each week gets easier and easier to handle the bullshit that goes on here. I've basically stopped doing outside rounds on the weekdays, and it really makes the job so much easier. With no one to watch me in my shame, I can actually do my job without feeling bad about being a worthless piece of garbage security guard. With everything normalizing at the job, I was able to take a step back and look at what's going on at the bank job. Once I realized what was happening, I felt very good about my decision to end paycheck employment at the end of this month.
So the picture above is of the entry way into the bank job garage. There used to be a toll booth with someone there to take the money. But now they got rid of them to put in the machine. The bank in general is cutting costs, and the fact that the guards are now being paid three dollars more per hour than before, and one can only guess that my position is next on the chopping block. You see, there are three guards on duty during my weekday shift, with two guards in the lobby and myself in the garage office. Since my job is only doing a 10-15 minute walk every hour, why can't one of the lobby guards do it? It gives one of them a chance to stretch their legs and, more importantly, it's easy as fuck. Why would a bank that's looking to save money keep three guards on payroll when two can do the job? So it's suffice to say that I picked an excellent time to make April my last month at this place.
This week will be about the same as last except for much better weather, so I'm gonna do my indoor rounds and watch movies in the garage office. For the weekend, I'm gonna do two of my outside rounds inside and see what happens. The closer I get to April 28th, the more excited I get thinking about never having to see the bank job... or any job for that matter, ever again.
![]() |
| No more humans |
So the picture above is of the entry way into the bank job garage. There used to be a toll booth with someone there to take the money. But now they got rid of them to put in the machine. The bank in general is cutting costs, and the fact that the guards are now being paid three dollars more per hour than before, and one can only guess that my position is next on the chopping block. You see, there are three guards on duty during my weekday shift, with two guards in the lobby and myself in the garage office. Since my job is only doing a 10-15 minute walk every hour, why can't one of the lobby guards do it? It gives one of them a chance to stretch their legs and, more importantly, it's easy as fuck. Why would a bank that's looking to save money keep three guards on payroll when two can do the job? So it's suffice to say that I picked an excellent time to make April my last month at this place.
This week will be about the same as last except for much better weather, so I'm gonna do my indoor rounds and watch movies in the garage office. For the weekend, I'm gonna do two of my outside rounds inside and see what happens. The closer I get to April 28th, the more excited I get thinking about never having to see the bank job... or any job for that matter, ever again.

No comments:
Post a Comment