You know, I really enjoy writing this blog. At least, that’s how it started. Then I grew to love it. And now it would seem that I’ve grown an addiction to this thing.
The past few days have been so hectic and aggravating that I wasn’t in the right state of mind to write a post. So I have so many posts stored up in my head that I’d really like to get out, but I can’t do it unless I’m in a decent enough mood where I won’t miss the point or ramble on without a topic. When these posts are stuck in my head, I literally have a headache because I know I haven’t written yet. I’m not an expert on addiction, but I’d say I’m pretty close to having an addiction to blogging.
When something goes wrong and I need to figure it out, I turn to this blog. When I succeed at something and I’m proud of myself, I come here. I don’t have friends or family that I feel comfortable talking about things with. Brooklyn Mike is cool and all, but he’s not on my level. If I get mad about something that happens in the stock market or in real estate, I’ll first have to go into this big explanation about the technical details of the problem before I can vent. Over here it’s easier.
I first started this blog to help with my self-improvement. But over the years, and especially this year, it’s become more like therapy. It's a part of me, and directly connected to my mental health. I still down in a dark empty room where anyone can listen but no one can see me, and then pour out all my thoughts in public. I get my thoughts out, and I have a record of it so that I can get both the therapy and the knowledge out of every post. That feels good, man. So if I am gonna have an addiction, I’d definitely prefer one like this. Speaking of which, my head is bursting with posts I’ve been waiting to write for over a week now. Looks like today’s the day, and I may break my “six posts in a day” record.
P.S.: The term “blog” sounds really stupid for something so important to me. I’ll have to come up with another name other than that.
The past few days have been so hectic and aggravating that I wasn’t in the right state of mind to write a post. So I have so many posts stored up in my head that I’d really like to get out, but I can’t do it unless I’m in a decent enough mood where I won’t miss the point or ramble on without a topic. When these posts are stuck in my head, I literally have a headache because I know I haven’t written yet. I’m not an expert on addiction, but I’d say I’m pretty close to having an addiction to blogging.
When something goes wrong and I need to figure it out, I turn to this blog. When I succeed at something and I’m proud of myself, I come here. I don’t have friends or family that I feel comfortable talking about things with. Brooklyn Mike is cool and all, but he’s not on my level. If I get mad about something that happens in the stock market or in real estate, I’ll first have to go into this big explanation about the technical details of the problem before I can vent. Over here it’s easier.
I first started this blog to help with my self-improvement. But over the years, and especially this year, it’s become more like therapy. It's a part of me, and directly connected to my mental health. I still down in a dark empty room where anyone can listen but no one can see me, and then pour out all my thoughts in public. I get my thoughts out, and I have a record of it so that I can get both the therapy and the knowledge out of every post. That feels good, man. So if I am gonna have an addiction, I’d definitely prefer one like this. Speaking of which, my head is bursting with posts I’ve been waiting to write for over a week now. Looks like today’s the day, and I may break my “six posts in a day” record.
P.S.: The term “blog” sounds really stupid for something so important to me. I’ll have to come up with another name other than that.
No comments:
Post a Comment