Last night I was doing a round in the bank job building (Memorial Day). On the 7th floor, one of the offices has a scale in its kitchen… one of those Taylor Glass and Chrome digital scales. Out of curiosity I decided to step on it and finally find out what I weigh, as I haven’t weighed myself in over a year, and I was 240 at that time. The result?
2... 0... 1.
Wow. 201 pounds. This means that I lost 39 pounds since I last weighed myself. I lost it with DDP Yoga, and then kept it off with homemade food. Unbelievable! I was about to go online and purchase the same scale for my apartment, but I stopped myself. And I’m very glad that I did.
I’ve never believed in living for numbers, or measuring life through them. I always figured that, as long as I eat right, my body will be whatever it’s supposed to be. No surgeon general or nutritionist knows my body better than itself, so I refuse to look at what I should weigh according to general standards. If I get a scale, I’ll be measuring myself every morning, and that number will have some kind of impact on how I feel for the day. I don’t want that. I’m at the point in my life where I can tell if I’m gaining or losing weight based on how my body feels and reacts. So why would I put myself in a “numbers prison”, as if I don’t have enough things to worry about.
201 is a nice number, but it’s just a number. I won’t put too much stock into that number because it doesn’t mean as much as being able to fit into my clothes, or waking up in the morning without that sluggish feeling I used to have when I would eat crappy foods the night before. I’d pay more attention to those things, because at least I’ll be living life according to my daily routine, not according to a number. Maybe once a year I’ll weigh myself just for the hell of it. I’m curious to see when the weight loss will stop. What number does my body believe it should stay at? 190? 180? Hmm…
P.S.: Even though I just wrote a post about my disregard for numbers, I’m planning to use the Lose Fit app once I get the appropriate measuring materials. This definitely won’t be a permanent thing, but I would like to get an idea of what a cup of an ingredient is or what a tablespoon of something looks like. Once I have the estimates in my head, I’ll stop measuring and go purely off of estimates based on my experience.
2... 0... 1.
Wow. 201 pounds. This means that I lost 39 pounds since I last weighed myself. I lost it with DDP Yoga, and then kept it off with homemade food. Unbelievable! I was about to go online and purchase the same scale for my apartment, but I stopped myself. And I’m very glad that I did.
I’ve never believed in living for numbers, or measuring life through them. I always figured that, as long as I eat right, my body will be whatever it’s supposed to be. No surgeon general or nutritionist knows my body better than itself, so I refuse to look at what I should weigh according to general standards. If I get a scale, I’ll be measuring myself every morning, and that number will have some kind of impact on how I feel for the day. I don’t want that. I’m at the point in my life where I can tell if I’m gaining or losing weight based on how my body feels and reacts. So why would I put myself in a “numbers prison”, as if I don’t have enough things to worry about.
201 is a nice number, but it’s just a number. I won’t put too much stock into that number because it doesn’t mean as much as being able to fit into my clothes, or waking up in the morning without that sluggish feeling I used to have when I would eat crappy foods the night before. I’d pay more attention to those things, because at least I’ll be living life according to my daily routine, not according to a number. Maybe once a year I’ll weigh myself just for the hell of it. I’m curious to see when the weight loss will stop. What number does my body believe it should stay at? 190? 180? Hmm…
P.S.: Even though I just wrote a post about my disregard for numbers, I’m planning to use the Lose Fit app once I get the appropriate measuring materials. This definitely won’t be a permanent thing, but I would like to get an idea of what a cup of an ingredient is or what a tablespoon of something looks like. Once I have the estimates in my head, I’ll stop measuring and go purely off of estimates based on my experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment