Friday, October 2, 2015

Buffin' Up

You know, I’ve always liked looking at myself in the mirror. After every shower, I spend a couple minutes just staring at myself in the mirror on top of my dresser. I don’t look for flaws or anything, it’s just… vanity. I like the way I look, especially now with all that flab gone. But I’ve noticed that there’s a body within my body that is dying to come out. It’s like I’m looking in the mirror and I can see a six pack trying to break out of my four pack or muscles trying to pop out of my arms and legs. I remember how ripped I got with Beachbody, and now I’m wondering whether I should “buff up” again. But before I continue, let me quickly define buff.

This is not buff:

Too big


 Definitely not this:

WAY too big


But this? Bingo!

Randy Orton


Randy Orton is as buff as I’d ever want to be. it's important to note that I don't want to "look" like Randy Orton or be him. Obviously. But he and I have almost identical body types, and I can see his body trying to come out in my own. But it's not just vanity that motivates me. Whenever I see my new skinnier self, I get the feeling that I'm not as strong as I once was. I'm not sure if this is a fact or just my brain seeing smaller as weaker, but I'd like to get my body as strong as naturally possible to erase that doubt in my head.

Unfortunately, this would mean I’d have to go back to the gym. It won’t matter if I’m using weights or P90X or DDP Yoga, I need a nice clean place where I can go to do an hour’s worth of workouts during the day. My basement apartment is nice and all, but I really wanna get away from having to sneak out of work, drive home, do my workout, and then drive back to work. It’s too much hassle and unnecessary stress. And the vacant building is rented out so that’s no longer an option. I’ll find a gym close to my job so that I can to my workouts in between rounds. I’ll finish a round, walk to a nearby gym, workout, shower if necessary, and then walk back to work. Finding a gym within walking distance of the bank job is also important because I’ll need more places to relax between rounds during the cold winters.

With my back all healed up thanks to that wonderful wonderful bed, I can finally finish the last two weeks of DDP Yoga’s beginners program as promised. Once that’s done, I’ll take a week off and then start the buff. I haven’t figured out exactly which workout I’ll be doing, but I’ll do my research and come up with something. I was thinking of asking Ola, but I like the way things are without him. And I really don’t want to make it a habit of bringing people back into my life after throwing them out. I’ll figure it out. I’ve proven that I can do just about any workout, so it’ll be less about what I can do and more about which one yields the results I’m looking for.

P.S.: I really have to stop this damned habit of binge-posting. Five in one day is too much, and I don't like having long periods between posts. And my eyes are killing me!

No comments:

Post a Comment