Thursday, October 1, 2015

September 2015 Property Earnings Report

Property 1

Apt 1 (Nepalese Family): $525
Apt 2 (Belle and Sebastian): $875
Total Rents Received: $1400
Mortgage: $860
National Grid: $154.37
Repair Expenses: $600.00 (3 windows)

Total Profit: -$214.37

Property 2

Apt 1 (Tyrell): $715
Apt 2 (Nicolas): $625
Total Rents Received: $1340
Mortgage: $777
Repair Expenses: $37.79 (trimmer)

Total Profit: $525.21

Property 3

Apt 1 (Chucky): $435
Apt 2 (Thomas and Brie): $525
Apt 3 (Rory): $530
Apt 4 (Taniqua and Eugene): $400 ($135 owed)
Total Rents Received: $1890
Mortgage: $835
Repair Expenses: $50 (lawnmower purchase)
National Grid: $259.90

Total Profit: $745.10

Property X

Apt 1 (Van Sickle Family): $300
Apt 2 (Vacant): $0
Total Rents Received: $300
Mortgage: $712
Repair Costs: $400 (attic and vacant apartment clean-out)

Total Profit: $-812

Lawnmowing Services: $110

Net Real Estate Profit for September 2015: $133.94



Ugh, I really can’t wait for all this window stuff to be over. Property 2’s Tyrell charged $10 more to do the windows for Property 1 ($200 per window instead of $190). He’s also making noise about looking for a bigger place before winter. See? Didn’t I tell you? I knew that motherfucker wasn’t going to last long, which is why I’m so happy I bit the bullet and paid for all the windows to be done at once for Property 2:

Brand new installed window... with Chucky

Another brand new window in a bedroom
Now it won't mean a damn thing when he leaves. Property value will be higher and the brand new windows should yield higher rents. Same goes for the upstairs apartment should Nicholas leaves. I’d like to do the same for Property 3, but I really don’t know whether Tyrell will still be my tenant come November. If he is, I’m gonna work my ass off to get the windows bought for all the apartments at Property 3 before the weather gets bad. $200 per window (purchase and install) is still a good deal and I’d like to get it all done before I lose him completely.

Used lawnmower for $50. Price that can't be beat...

I bought a lawnmower for Property 3 and Thomas will be mowing the lawn from now on for free. I figure that will make up for the increase my National grid bills thanks to the stove I bought him and Brie in August. What's important is that I'm slowly steering away from having to pay $110 a month for lawn mowing services. I bought the used lawn mower for $50, and I think I can buy another one before winter starts. The guy who sells them wants to get rid of his remaining inventory so that he can start selling used snowblowers. I might be interested in that as well.

Cleaned out attic
Property X's attic is completely clear of all its debris and the upstairs apartment is officially rental ready. Handyman Alfonso charged me $400 to get all that done (most of the cost had to do with the attic), and now I'm waiting for the Van Sickle family to move out this weekend. Once they do, I'll have my pest control guy come in and treat the empty apartments for bedbugs ($480 plus tax), and then Alfonso will come in and make any repairs needed before I start looking for new tenants. I went to Catholic Charities and let them know I'll have a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom apartment available for immigrants in October, just in case my Nepalese tenants can't find anyone who wants to move in there. I really need for the next tenants of Property X's downstairs unit to be immigrants, as I feel it's the only way to finally stabilize that godawful property.

No comments:

Post a Comment