Wednesday, October 21, 2015

The Vacant Building Era Ends


This morning I went into the vacant building at the bank job and saw that the new tenants (college administration building) have already cleared the place and started renovations. After about 7 years, my safe haven is no more. This was a place to go when it was too cold or too hot in the parking garage. And you know, one of the minor reasons why I wanted to do the dating thing this year was to fulfill a fantasy. I’ve never had sex at a job, and the vacant building would have been perfect. The shipping depot is always busy and, even when it’s not, there are still cameras everywhere. With retirement only a few years away, this really was my last chance to make that fantasy a reality. This is truly a sad day.

The vacant building fully furnished with old junk. Some of those chairs are now in my basement apartment

The bathroom. Many a dump was taken in that handicap stall while playing Madden on the PSP

The "Looking Room". If I was gonna have sex, it would have been here.

This was where most of my posts for the old blog was written. Between the Looking Room and here, I've spent countless hours, days, weeks, months, and years letting it all out on my little laptop. I also used to eat food I bought from various diners here.

And now?

No more junk

No more blog posts to be written here

Hmm... This would be a great time to play “This Used To Be My Playground”...

So my refuge has become my car, and in some ways I'm better off. After my rounds, I go into my car, turn on the heat, take off most of my clothes (down to my underwear), and relax for an hour and a half until my next rounds. It wastes a bit of gas, but it only adds an average of $2 a month so it's no big deal. I now have the privacy to talk on the phone, watch videos, or play videogames without having to worry about someone spotting me like in the vacant building. The privacy is a huge pro to the cons. And when the car gets cramped I can simply go to the gym and do a workout, or take a hot shower when I feel cold.

So it all works out in the end… yet I still feel a sense of loss. Ah well. When I retire, I’m gonna come back and look at these pictures, as a reminder of all the stuff I had to do to get to that point. I’ll look at the pics, smile at the memories, bask in my pride, and then go back to bed. Oh how sweet it will be…

No comments:

Post a Comment