Thursday, March 2, 2017

Kodi and Me

You know, I’m a fraud. I always talk about trying to being the best I can be and make the most use of my time. I talk about my struggles with procrastination and the different ways I handle it. Well, if I’m so serious about ending procrastination, why have I fallen in love with Kodi??


Kodi is a media platform where programmers put add-ons that allow people to watch TV shows and movies for free. You know, my brother warned me. In a conversation we had not too long ago about productivity, Alex told me he had to stop watching Kodi because it took up so much of his time that he couldn’t get work done. And that’s what’s going on with me.

I get to watch some of my old favorites

I use Kodi to eat, with old episodes of the Seinfeld or Married with Children. I use Kodi to entertain myself on the rare chance that I stay at work, watching shows I’d never seen like 30 Rock or The Practice. I use Kodi to sleep, with episodes of the Simpsons or Beast Wars playing in the background. But the biggest draw about Kodi is the live sports:

NBA games off the NBA League Pass. One game after another, after another, after another...

Before Kodi, it had been YEARS since I watched a full NFL or NBA game. I never owned a TV and, thanks to my weekend job at the Fedex, I never had the time to watch a game. I’d always have to download the game and watch it, even though I already knew the score. Now, I watch at least two games a day live. When one game gets boring, I can switch to another game that’s in progress. I can watch live UFC and WWE events, or wait until I feel like it and watch later. It’s sports HEAVEN!

Usually I’d have a solution at the end of the post, but I don’t. Kodi simply has too much to quit cold turkey. And it’s been so long since I’ve had a chance to be a TV bum. I’m just gonna have to find a way to incorporate everything with my Kodi watching: real estate, stocks, whatever. There’s no better year than 2017 to start enjoying the things I’ve missed out on thanks to all the work I’ve done. I… I deserve Kodi.

P.S.: You know, seeing my Watchlist on Kodi’s Exodus add-on reminds me that I really do have a homo taste in shows. Ally McBeal? Felicity? Beverly Hills 90210? Melrose Place? Saved By The Bell? Power Rangers? California Dreams? Daria? If there was ever a case for a homo who’s not attracted to men, I’m it. Ah well. I grew up on this shit, so I guess I don’t really have a choice. It’s just weird seeing them listed on a big screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment