Tuesday, April 11, 2017

March 2017 Food Report

Groceries: $82.55
Unnecessary Food and Snacks: $191.80

Total Spent for March 2017: $274.35


The total spent on groceries went up as the money spent on outside food went down. Now this was exactly what I hoped for, and spending $100 less than February while eating healthier food makes me feel pretty good. I lost about a fourth of my winter weight already, and that made me feel good. But something else made me feel good, something that would normally piss me off:

The wand (Pipe) returns

With the return of the wand, I’m now forced to resume going to work and actually doing my job, which means walking around the garage and getting exercise. While I’m not entirely happy that I’m back at work, I can’t complain. I spent the entire winter hanging out and getting things done. I can’t imagine how much more difficult (and expensive) Property 2’s renovation would have been if I had to drive into work every hour to do a round. Should this truly be my last winter working, not having the wand definitely made it the best one.

As promised, I joined Planet Fitness. Sam tags along since he’s too cheap to get a membership of his own, but he doesn’t slow me down so I don’t care. My first workout was arms and chest, which I didn’t overdo so I didn’t feel too much pain the next morning. The next one was two days later, and solely on the abs which I’ve always been a beast with those workouts. Unfortunately, I underestimated how out of shape I was and got extremely dizzy. I passed out for about 10 seconds, and then slowly walked out to let the smell of fresh air stop me from throwing up. But after that disastrous day, it’s been much smoother sailing. My body is getting used to the grind, and I'm loving the amount of anger I'm able to extinguish when pumping iron.

April should be a very good month for me, although I still have one major issue. Getting rid of outside food completely is extremely difficult thanks to the bank job. I work overtime on Mondays and Tuesdays, which means that I’m stuck at work from early morning until 7pm. That’s over 12 hours without food, and I’m up way too early to make a big enough breakfast to last me that long. The best I could possibly do is to try and order something that’s filling, full of protein, and marginally healthy. The diner at my job makes a good egg omelette with hash browns and wheat toast, which I have on most days. On special days, however:

Scrambled eggs with steak and corned beef hash. This is the breakfast I have on Monday and Thursday mornings, my post-workout days. Protein-rich and delicious, but an expensive $12 breakfast

I guess that’ll have to do for now. The combination of gym workouts, protein-rich food, and even a little DDP Yoga should get me back in shape by the end of the month.

P.S.: I wanted to write more about the gym, but I think that topic needs its own post. I'll do that in a later post.

No comments:

Post a Comment