Friday, December 1, 2017

November 2017 Property Earnings Report

Property X

Apt 1- Black Family: $700
Apt 2 - Consuela: $600
Total Rents Received: $1300
Repair Costs: $265 (Maintenance Fee, Furnace service, Roof patching)

Total Profit for Anita: $1,035

    November began with a massive amount of rain. As a landlord, I always get a bit nervous because torrential rain usually leads to tenants calling the next day about roof leaks. Sure enough, Alfonso got that call from the downstairs tenant. A few years ago, Anita had the roof replaced. The roofer (who I found), charged around $9,000 for what was supposed to be a complete roof replacement. This involves replacing both the shingles and the wood underneath. Instead, he simply did a re-roof (new shingles on top of old shingles) and then left. A re-roof usually costs about $3,000, so he swindled my mom out of $6,000 and I felt like crap. So now I know that, when hiring someone to do a complete roof replacement, I have to be there every day to make sure they take out the old wood. There should be old wood and shingles on the ground within the first week, and the materials purchased should fit the job specifications.

    Anyway, fast forward to last month and the “new roof” already had leaks. Alfonso patched the faulty areas and that was that. Nice to see Anita make over $1,000 in November.

Property 1

Apt 1 – Dharma and Family: $525
Apt 2 - Belle and Sebastian: $875
Total Rents Received: $1400
Mortgage: $833
National Grid: $116.54
Repair Expenses: $0

Total Profit: $450.06

      One night, I got home from work and was looking forward to some rest. Instead, the Nepalis had people over whose kids were running around the fucking place. I gave it about an hour but, once I realized these assholes weren’t leaving, I put my clothes on and confronted them. They open the door and the looks on their faces were priceless. I mean, I really wanted to slap them and I think they knew it. It’s been quiet since then, but happenings like that only confirm that I have to throw them out the second I get some extra money.

Property 2

Apt 1 - Nicholas 2: $750
Apt 2 – Edward and Gabby: $750
Total Rents Received: $1,500
Mortgage: $754
Repair Expenses: $0

Total Profit: $746
   
     You know, every time I drive by this place, Nicholas 2’s apartment always looks vacant. I’m sure he’s living there, but it just feels strange to always see the lights off. But as long as he pays rent and there’s no issue with the upstairs tenants, I don’t care. Speaking of the upstairs tenants, Edward is starting to annoy me with his complaints about minor stuff that turns out to be nothing. It becomes worse when I usually get texts from him when I’m on vacation, like I was near the end of November. It’s not a big deal right now, but I’ll have to keep an eye on him. 

Property 3

Apt 1 - Chucky: $435
Apt 2 – Toby: $660
Apt 3 – Rory: $585
Apt 4 - Taniqua and Eugene: $550
Total Rents Received: $2,220
Mortgage: $887
Repair Expenses: $0
National Grid: $204.57

Total Profit: $1,138.43

    How. How the FUCK did Eugene and Taniqua pay rent on time? They haven't made an on-time payment for years, yet they were able to pay $550 after paying $570 six days before?! I was all ready to give them a 30-day notice when they paid everything on the 6th as promised. This marks the very first time since purchasing Property 3 that I’ve received rents from all properties before the 6th deadline. It felt… strange. One part of me felt really good that I finally received all rents on time. Another part of me felt like crap because I had waited so long to get rents on schedule. Nevertheless, I liked that feeling and want it to become my new normal.

Property 4

Tenant Latisha: $900
Repair Expenses: $0

Total Profit: $900

    Nothing happened at Property 4. Sweet nothing.


Net Real Estate Profit for November 2017: $3,234.49


     November. I knew this was gonna be a great month. I just knew it!

      It was a great month. It was nice to see a $3,000 profit without any extras, just rents. And it's always a good month when I don’t have any repairs to make. Even if I average out repairs at $300 a month for all four properties, I’d still be at $2,000 profits which is pretty good. December looks like it’s gonna be another good one, but there are the usual variables. I’m anticipating higher National Grid bills as usual, and I’m still not sold on Eugene and Taniqua’s new on-time payment schedule. But I like the way things are going now, and it'd be nice to end 2017 on a good note after dealing with so much bullshit. 

P.S.: I like this new format. It's a better read for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment