Sunday, July 29, 2018

Final Food and Health Report

     I didn't do a Food & Health report last month. The truth is that I no longer have interest in writing the food reports. They’re redundant and predictable. And just to prove that I stopped due to redundancy rather than laziness, I went back to read every single Food Report I’ve written from June of 2015 until present. What did I learn?

Outside Food

     When I’m stressed out, I eat out more. When I have to do an apartment renovation, I eat out more. When I get money for application fees, I mostly use it to eat out. When I’m sad, I eat out more. When I’m happy, I eat out more. When I’m lazy, I eat out more. While this is mostly bad news, there is some good information I took away from the reports when it comes to food. I mostly cook when I have more food options. Living in a basement infested with spiders, bats, and slugs affected how I eat. For example, when the nighttime comes, I usually don’t cook because I don’t want a bat flying around me. And even though I haven’t seen a bat since I blocked those holes last year, it’s a pattern of behavior that’s very difficult to break while living in the same environment. As proof, I haven't cooked in almost two months due to all the different renovations and apartment showings I've been doing. Thankfully I have much hope for food consumption in the attic apartment, as this timeline shows:

2008-2014 (No kitchen)

Outside Food Cost Range (monthly): $630 - $950


2014-present (Makeshift Kitchen)

Outside Food Cost Range (monthly): $23.47 - $422.53

     Based on these facts, I can reasonably assume that having the attic apartment with a fully customized kitchen will bring my outside food costs down to less than $200 per month. So even though I’ll end the food reports, one can clearly see they were very helpful. I was able to see my food eating pattern, analyze the circumstances surrounding that pattern, and then make the needed changes to healthily bring the costs down. I’m glad I did it, as it makes me even more anxious to build that attic apartment and start cooking food in a real kitchen!

Workouts

     The other part of the food reports centered around my health, going to gym and the like. The gym for me was less about being healthy and more about working out my stress. The one thing I also complained about was the people there, which is why I haven't gone in quite a while. Just like my issue with outside food consumption, I’m pretty sure the answer to that problem is also in the attic apartment.

     I love using dumbbells. Doing dumbbell workouts combined with DDP Yoga would give me a total body workout at home. My problem is always that I’m 6’2” and my basement ceiling is about 6’5”, so doing many dumbbell and DDP Yoga exercises are close to impossible. In the attic apartment, the ceiling height will be a little over eight feet, giving me plenty of room to do whatever workout I want. That will also save me $20 per month that the jackasses at Planet Fitness charge me.

     And with that, I end the Food and Health reports. They served their purpose, but dragging them along just for the sake of doing so would be stupid and a waste of time. With that out of the way, I should now be able to focus more on property acquisition and management topics, which was my main purpose for blogging in the first place.

P.S.: I'll be starting a new report series beginning January 2019, called Living Expenses Report. Each month, I'll document how much I spend on daily living expenses like phone bills, car insurance, gas, and even food. Once I'm no longer working a paycheck job, I'll need to keep very good records of what I spend. I got the idea from a Youtube video done by Glamour, where a broad making $95,000 a year details what she spends money on each month. So even though I'm ending the Food and Health reports, I'll be replacing them with something much more useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment