Well, what can I say? DDP Yoga + Homemade food= A
very fit Ahkenaten Kor!
For a couple years I had trouble staying in shape. I
did P90X and Beachbody Insanity with respectable results, but I wasn’t dealing
with the real problem: food. Eating outside food sucks, I don’t care what
restaurant I go to. Restaurants are in the business of making money. Period. So
if my health has to be sacrificed to satisfy their bottom line, then why would I rely on them to feed me right?
Ever since I came to Smalltown I’ve eaten outside food: pizza, sandwiches, egg
breakfasts, pasta, etc. I fooled myself into believing it was better and
cheaper to do it this way than to go throught the “tough work” of making food
at home and building an expensive kitchen. Well, it’s been 4 months
(September-December) since I finished the basement apartment, and I can truly
say that my argument was complete bullshit.
I’ve already saved over $1000 by eating food that I
make at home. My average monthly food bill stands at $250, but I’m trying to
get it down to $200. Still, either figure is better than the $600-$700 I used
to spend a month on outside food. That's a savings of at least $350 every month. No more drive-thrus. No more wondering what
ingredients are in my food. No more massive monthly bank statements littered
with diner/restaurant purchases. My bank account thanks me, and my body thanks
me as well. I’ve gone from a 38 to a 36, which means I lost a good 20-25
pounds. DDP Yoga also helped greatly, and I plan to finish the program once I
buy a new bed to rest my pained back on. My current bed sucks, but i found a good deal on Overstock.com for a 14" queen sized memory foam mattress w/frame for $600. While my financial goals were missed
this year, I hit my health and fitness target right on the bull’s eye! I
want to continue this progress into 2015 and see what happens. Can I go down to
size 34? Can I have a sculpted Randy Orton-like body without the pain and
rigors of being Randy Orton? Guess I’ll have to wait and see…
P.S.: The end of this year kinda sucked. I feel like
I put on a few pounds thanks to the snacks binges during the holiday season. I’d
really like to conquer my snack issues in 2015 so that I can eliminate yet
another awful vice I learned in my childhood.
No comments:
Post a Comment