Groceries: $175.21
Unnecessary Snacks and Outside Foods: $23.47
Total Spent on Food: $198.68
I'm going to start doing these on a monthly basis. Tracking my food intake is just as important to me as just as my stocks and real estate. June was not a great month for food. I spent WAY too much money ($50 increase from May), especially on unnecessary foods:
I had to buy the egg sandwich because I woke up very late and had to skip breakfast to make it to work. Had I realized it was a Wednesday where I usually work 12.5 hours, I probably would have risked the lateness and eaten at home. Nevertheless I got the egg meal and, even though it wasn't as unhealthy as french toast or pancakes, I still felt like crap afterwards. I mean, who knows what else was cooked on that skillet?? I bought two $2 bags of disgusting Wise chips last weekend, because I felt my normal rice and chicken wouldn't be enough to hold my appetite for 12 hours. How wrong I was! Those two bags of chips did ALMOST NOTHING! I could have eaten six bags and I would still be hungry. In contrast, I can buy a $1.88 wheat bread loaf and that would fill me up much better. If I absolutely have to eat unnecessary snacks, I should stick with bread. It's cheaper, healthier, and are made up of simple ingredients instead of empty chemicals. Despite these setbacks, there was the usual good news:
I really enjoy making salmon, but struggled with sides. While the steamed veggies were good, I absolutely HATED zucchini. I don't know who eats that stuff but it tastes god awful! I'll try out different veggie combos until I find the right mix. Something that includes broccoli would be nice. And making the turkey paninis has been very simple and fun. I simply make a regular turkey sandwich, and then grill it on the George Foreman. Takes about 10 minutes and it fills me up for the entire day. The only issue with this is that I have to make these paninis soon after I buy the lettuce, as lettuce goes bad after about 10 days.
My food rotation is growing, and that means less temptation to buy outside food. Variety is more important than I thought. I'll admit that I screwed up this month, and it mostly had to do with a lack of preparation. Waking up on time allows me to have breakfast, which I now agree to be the most important meal of the day. I have to buy the right amount of grocery snacks so that I don't have to get tempted by crappy gas station snacks. Once I get that routine going, there will be no stopping me.
Unnecessary Snacks and Outside Foods: $23.47
Total Spent on Food: $198.68
I'm going to start doing these on a monthly basis. Tracking my food intake is just as important to me as just as my stocks and real estate. June was not a great month for food. I spent WAY too much money ($50 increase from May), especially on unnecessary foods:
![]() |
| Egg sandwich with granola bar and free blueberry muffin ($5.45) from the bank job's diner |
![]() |
| Bought this along with another $2 bag of Honey BBQ chips. Anytime I see that red circle of doom, I should probably run away |
I had to buy the egg sandwich because I woke up very late and had to skip breakfast to make it to work. Had I realized it was a Wednesday where I usually work 12.5 hours, I probably would have risked the lateness and eaten at home. Nevertheless I got the egg meal and, even though it wasn't as unhealthy as french toast or pancakes, I still felt like crap afterwards. I mean, who knows what else was cooked on that skillet?? I bought two $2 bags of disgusting Wise chips last weekend, because I felt my normal rice and chicken wouldn't be enough to hold my appetite for 12 hours. How wrong I was! Those two bags of chips did ALMOST NOTHING! I could have eaten six bags and I would still be hungry. In contrast, I can buy a $1.88 wheat bread loaf and that would fill me up much better. If I absolutely have to eat unnecessary snacks, I should stick with bread. It's cheaper, healthier, and are made up of simple ingredients instead of empty chemicals. Despite these setbacks, there was the usual good news:
![]() |
| Grilled turkey panini-like sandwiches with lettuce and mayo. |
I really enjoy making salmon, but struggled with sides. While the steamed veggies were good, I absolutely HATED zucchini. I don't know who eats that stuff but it tastes god awful! I'll try out different veggie combos until I find the right mix. Something that includes broccoli would be nice. And making the turkey paninis has been very simple and fun. I simply make a regular turkey sandwich, and then grill it on the George Foreman. Takes about 10 minutes and it fills me up for the entire day. The only issue with this is that I have to make these paninis soon after I buy the lettuce, as lettuce goes bad after about 10 days.
My food rotation is growing, and that means less temptation to buy outside food. Variety is more important than I thought. I'll admit that I screwed up this month, and it mostly had to do with a lack of preparation. Waking up on time allows me to have breakfast, which I now agree to be the most important meal of the day. I have to buy the right amount of grocery snacks so that I don't have to get tempted by crappy gas station snacks. Once I get that routine going, there will be no stopping me.




No comments:
Post a Comment