Monday, August 11, 2014

August 2014 Goals and Quotas

This month is all about getting the basement apartment finished and ending with at least $15,000 in my account (I ended July with $14,000). The accomplishment of one goal is tied almost exclusively to the accomplishment of the other.

The basement apartment expenses currently stand at around $7,000. Ever since I’ve started work on what was formerly the batcave last month, I’ve been distracted from my normal activities. My stock trading studies took a massive nosedive and I’ve felt completely unorganized, as if I were still living in a useless cave that’s only good for sleeping. And even as the place is about to be completed this week, I still have some finishing touches to do. I have to buy the office desk tomorrow, and then pay to have them set it up. I also have to buy the camera surveillance system to keep an eye on my apartment when I’m gone. Lords knows what those two Hispanic idiots do when they know I’m at work. I also have to buy carpet runner for the floor. Many of the tiles are uneven, so dragging my feet would easily cause injury on the corners of elevated tile.  Then there are the groceries, the paper shredder, and the wireless keyboard/mouse for the Alienware desktop I purchased. And finally, I have to buy an internet connection. The fastest available in my area is Time Warner Cable, which offers 50Mbps for $64.99 a month. This is an absolute necessity, as I want to do most of my heavy research on stocks at home rather than at work where distractions are more commonplace.

Another expense that came out of nowhere is my need to buy a new phone. Just before I left for my Brooklyn trip, my Samsung Galaxy S3 stopped working. This sucked a remarkable amount of ass, as I had not yet saved all my Smart Receipts files. My next phone will be an S3, but it will also be brand spanking new. And I’ll have no problem backing things up once my computer is all set up. I want to have all this done by the end of the week, so that I can focus on making the last two weeks of this month and the rest of the year all about making money… the way it should always be.

No comments:

Post a Comment