Monday July 28th: Energy
Wednesday July 30th: Fat Burner and Red Hot Core
Red Hot Core is much easier to do when done as the first of two workouts, not the second. So I did that first, and then Fat Burner. I was able to do the core workouts for longer periods of time, and it mad the Fat Burner workout even better. Once I start doing workouts from home, I would like to do Red Hot Core every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday as an addition to whatever workout is scheduled for that day. Could be lots of fun.
I knew that Week 8 was going to be difficult because I was gonna do intense workouts, plus finish tiling the basement apartment. Wednesday and Thursday was the worst, as I was really pushing myself to finish everything before the end of the week. I’m happy to say that the tiling is officially finished, but it came at a cost:
My hand with my fingers spread apart.
My hand with my fingers closed together.
I noticed on the 30th that my hand was getting numb. I figured that it had to do with all the work I was pushing on myself, and that it would go away the next day. By the 1st of August, I could barely hold anything in my left hand because it was so numb. I couldn’t close my fingers together or make a proper fist. This was why I couldn’t do Friday’s Below the Belt workout. I did an internet medical checkup and I think the problem has to do with the ulnar nerve. The fingers most affected were my ring and pinky fingers, and numbing injuries to them are usually related to that nerve. I’m not sure how it happened, but it may have been due to the combination of tiling (using the drill for mortar mixing), the lack of sleep, the fact that I sleep on my arm, and doing the DDP Yoga workouts on a hard floor instead of a yoga mat. The non-medication treatment is to sleep with an elbow stint or with my left arm straightened. It’s been 10 days, and I’m just now starting to move the fingers in my left hand somewhat normally. I’m skipping all workouts for the week and I hope to resume DDP Yoga on the week of the 18th. I’m really gonna hate skipping them but I have no choice. I could probably do light workouts now, but I’d rather wait until the hand is completely healed. I’m really looking forward to the workouts, especially after eating all that Thai and Chinese food in Brooklyn. So I’ll focus this week on getting back to my normal healthy eating habits.
You know, it’s been about 2 months since I started DDP Yoga and I really like how things have gone. I’ve had to deal with some injuries like the thing with the ingrown toenail and now my left hand, but it’s worth it. I fit into a 36W, which is something even P90X and Beachbody didn’t do for me. I’m back to my old college size. It feels so damned good to eat and feel healthier, and I proved it towards the end of the Brooklyn trip. My plan was to bring Chinese food from Brooklyn back to Smalltown, but I decided against it. I had actually missed eating healthy foods and didn’t want to go another day without it. When have I ever done that before? To give up my childhood favorite chicken fried rice with boneless chicken so easily? It’s a change of mind, and I welcome it. Once I stock my new refrigerator up with groceries and my hand is fully healed, the fun will really begin.


No comments:
Post a Comment