Friday, August 15, 2014

Life Without DDP Yoga

It’s been over two weeks since I’ve done a DDP Yoga workout, and I’m really starting to miss it.

My left hand is doing better but still healing, and I’m starting to get a bit lazy with my food selection. My biggest issue is ordering cookies to go along with my grilled chicken wrap. These giant chocolate chip or oatmeal raisin cookies are also expensive, and turn a $7.01 lunch into a $10 or $13 lunch depending on how many I get. I also feel sluggish sometimes and I'm once again having trouble getting to the bank job on time. I’m giving this hand one more damned week and then I’m resuming DDP Yoga with the Red Hot Core workout… something that doesn’t rely on using my hands too much. My apartment is basically finished, so I should be able to start buying groceries next week Monday. That should help curb my desire for the extra unhealthy snack that obliterates the nutrition of a good meal.

I’m giving my hand one more week specifically because the basement apartment will be finished by this weekend. My left hand will finally get proper rest by not having to lift this desk or that refrigerator or whatever. I feel that a normal week without heavy lifting should get this thing all healed up so I can resume my precious DDP Yoga. In the meantime, I also feel this is a good opportunity for me to learn how to live and eat when DDP Yoga is finished. I can’t rely on an exercise program, no matter how excellent it may be, to be the regulator of food intake and activities. I have to learn how to eat healthy without a workout program backing me up, so maybe this break will be a good thing…

No comments:

Post a Comment