Tuesday 9/23: Fat Burner
Thursday 9/25: Below the Belt
Sunday 9/28: Red Hot Core & Energy!
Excellent week of workouts. Once again, Below the Belt kicked my ass. I'm not sure about this, but it may be because my legs are weak. Any exercise that deals wit the upper body I have no problem with. None. But every time I do Below the Belt, my legs are shaking for hours afterwards. If this is true, then I really need to focus on my lower half. The lower body is supposed to be strong than the upper body, not the other way around.
Every weekend I make enough rice and meat for both Saturday and Sunday. This weekend I made brown rice with chicken and steak. I now use thyme when making rice, and plan to add seasoned salt for next weekend's rice. As far as the chicken goes, I make sure to buy the raw chicken that has individual packages or tenderloin. This makes it exponentially easier to separate them when it's time to grill. And I finally figured out how to thaw my meat, as I move it from the freezer to the refrigerator Friday morning. That gives it 24 hours to thaw with the least amount of bacteria creeping into the meat. I was having a hard time figuring this out but, once I did, it turned out great. It's so much easier to grill soft chicken than the frozen kind. It takes much less time, and it allows me to make quick foods like this:
![]() |
| A thing of beauty |
![]() |
| Neatly wrapped |
![]() |
| Forgot to take a picture of the chili powder on the outside before I took a monstrous bite |
You know, I really like this. The more I cook, the more I learn. I plan to continue experimenting with new foods and doing everything with trial and error. And as I do this, I also save a lot of money. For the month of September, I spent a total of $204 on food. $80 of that I spent on Sunday (9/28), so I'm technically paying $204 for 6 weeks of food. That's $34 a week, or $4.85 a day. Before I had a kitchen, I would spend around $120-$150 a week on food. In fact, $4.85 was the exact amount of money I would pay for my breakfast at the diner every morning. I don't see myself ever going back to my old ways. My choices are to get fat and spend more money, or be in shape and save money. No contest...




No comments:
Post a Comment