Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Date #4: Darlene

Darlene and I intended to go out on a Saturday morning, but her dad had a slight stroke and was taken to the hospital roughly two hours before our date was to happen. My paranoia went into overdrive, and I was seriously considering cancelling our dates and moving on from her. But common sense quickly saved the day, as she made sure to call and inform me of the news instead of texting. She also apologized later on:

Darlene (9:50am): Hey sorry that was so random… Really wasn’t expecting that call. I’m at the hospital now and he seems ok but waiting for MRI… Likely had a mini stroke. It’s scary when ur parents are ill :-(

Darlene (9:50am): Bonus was I heard your voice lol ;-)

Darlene (11:10am): Hope you’ll let me reschedule… Looking like he is going to be ok but he may need to stay overnight

So we met the next day. She was there 20 minutes early and looked a little better than her pics. Darlene is a solid six, with a 36C/34D rack and a good job. This was a first for me, as most women look worse or not as good as their pics. We sat down and had breakfast, but the diner was too noisy to have any kind of meaningful conversation. Afterwards we walked in the park and were able to talk about ourselves. Darlene’s a regional supervisor at a major sports store, and has 60 employees and 5 managers that work for her. She seems really happy with her job, and is looking for a relationship to go along with her success. After the walk we went back to our cars and had a hug. I wanted to kiss her, but the date was so short that it didn’t feel right. Later, I was proven correct:

Me: You look better than your pictures by the way… I wanted to kiss you when I first saw you, but I wasn’t sure if that’d end in a slap… face is sensitive, ya know ;-)

Darlene: Omg that’s hilarious and yes probably a slap would have happened lol

Darlene: Good intuition and thank you… You’re much better than your pics as well and I like your personality so it’s all good

From then, we set up a date for that Tuesday. We went to Dave and Busters to play some basketball shots, and then went to watch the movie “Vacation” (which was surprisingly funny). Afterwards I walked her to her car and we kissed a couple times. Our next date was at the bowling alley. We both sucked and I wanted to take her out afterwards, but she wasn’t feeling like dinner and had a doctor’s appointment in the morning. I… I kinda like her, but she has a major flaw.


[When talking about relieving the stress of our respective jobs]

Me: It's never easy with what we do. I'll make a deal with you... You help me forget about mine and I'll help you forget about yours

Darlene: Cute

[When talking about how sore I was due to a lack of sleep]

Me: A massage... if you were to give me one what kind would it be?

Darlene: I don't know... I'm not a massage therapist. U know the different kinds?!

Me: Not really... anything from you would be fine at this point

Darlene: Oh ok... Lol that's what I figured. 

[Random conversation]

Me: I'm only looking forward to two things this week: seeing you today and getting my bed Thursday

Darlene: That's nice... good to know
 


Darlene is nowhere close to being as sexually aggressive as I am. In fact, there’s a reason why I’m calling her Darlene… and it’s not because her real name is similar. I call her that because she reminds me of the character Darlene Connor from Roseanne. She quirky and cute, but one can easily tell that she’s not sexually intuitive. I used to like that character until I met this Darlene It's very frustrating because I’m not used to such a lack of sexuality. Sometimes it’s hard to tell if we’re on a date or just hanging out. And anything romantic or sexual comes from my side, never hers. It’s like I’m a desperate housewife or something. And if Darlene is expecting me to be her David Healy, then she's got another thing coming.


Like when we were at Dave and Busters, I told her that if I won a game that I’m gonna kiss her. She seemed so nervous at the thought of me kissing her and refused (I got to kiss her anyway at the end of the date, but it would have been more fun at Dave and Busters). Later, she would explain it in a random text:

“Fyi I’m not into pda [Public Displays of Affection] which is why I wouldn’t take you up on that kiss at Dave and Busters…”

I’m not into PDA as well so I can understand… and maybe she’s telling the truth, but what if it’s something more? When I was on my date with Nicole, I noticed how she would look at people who would get close to our table, to see if they were looking at us. I think the idea of an interracial relationship is better than the reality of it with Nicole, so maybe the same is true for Darlene? Or is this more of my paranoia? We’re supposed to spend Labor Day together, but she "had to cancel" because her aunt was in town for the day. I'm... I'm just tired of her. These unrequited affections are really vexing the shit out of me, so I'm not initiating any conversation with her. I'll let this situation with Darlene die out like it should. I don't know if this is how she feels relationships should be, whether she's dating other guys and I'm a last resort, or what. But enough is enough. And there's no point in bringing up her lack of interest as a focus of conversation. What is she gonna say that would make a difference? Whatever the reason is, I know a relationship can't happen here. Nothing good comes from a situation when all the interest is coming from me to her. And let's not forget that she's a six.

I’m going forward with my plan to start an eHarmony profile this week. Maybe I’ll meet someone better. If not, then it's Jerk Off City because I'd rather do that than continue with this sexual idiot.

P.S.: Yes yes, I already see the irony in a guy with faked emotions is getting mad at a woman for not showing enough emotions. But least I'm actually putting in the effort...   

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with eHarmony. While I am sure it is different for men, I think an attractive women should never pay for more than 3 months because she will likely find a great guy the first month. The quality is so much higher than the other sites. You will see. The women you attract will have college degrees and better jobs than on whatever other sites you have been using. I also like how easy it is to screen. Be forewarned: The first week is slow on eHarmony. They only give you a few new matches per day. I don't know how often women initiate conversation (I wouldn't because I feel that is a man's role, although sometimes II wwould send smiles first).

    "P.S.: Yes yes, I already see the irony in a guy with faked emotions is getting mad at a woman for not showing enough emotions. But least I'm actually putting in the effort... " -- I like that you keep your posts real...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While eHarmony appears to be the better site that gives better quality choices, I don't think my situation will change. The problem, I'm hypothesizing, is that my area isn't into dark skinned fellows such as myself. When I did POF in NYC, for example, it was great. I received messages from women that were extremely attractive and the type that I can go out with: dark skinned, light skinned, Asian, whatever! And I suspect eHarmony would be the same if I was looking for NYC broads. But the reason I have very little faith is due to my environment. No matter what dating site I use, it'll still be for Smalltown and the mentality that's prevalent here. In fact, the higher quality women on eHarmony might reject me even more for that very reason! Add in my "high standards", and it's highly doubtful that eHarmony will change my fortunes.

      Though my reservations are valid, I'll going through the process anyway. I don't want to end this dating venture with any doubts or questions as to whether I did enough. We'll see what happens. I'll do it for two months and that should end it all. It's been a headache and I really can't wait for it to be over so I can get back to business.

      Delete