You know, it’s been a tough couple weeks. I was supposed to write a ton of posts last week but got caught up with some bullshit. But Labor Day is here and I have the entire day off! So I’ll write all my posts during today, but date most of them (not this one) for August 31st just to make sense when reading them back. And speaking of August…
Let’s be very honest here. August 11th will overshadow anything that happened in August, 2015, 2014, or anything else. Nothing else really matters. I’ve never been so close to… that tightrope was… you know, it still doesn't feel right talking about it. And as close as it was to giving me what I’ve always wanted, it also opened my eyes to see that I need to get my house in order in case I don’t see the end of this journey.
I’m working with Marvin Wassle on my will, and he’s directed me to a consultant who handles all the legal language. It’s all very confusing and a real pain in the ass, but I’ve gotta get it done. The next time August 11th happens (and I’m pretty sure there’ll be a next time), I’ve gotta be ready to go. No more waiting. No more whining. No more of anything. On days like August 11th, I can’t keep the illusion up that I really care about any of this. The truth comes out as loud as a gunshot and it hits hard, and even harder when it’s unexpected like that night. I would like to play this journey out to its end, but August 11th changed everything. Something inside me sent a reminder that all this stuff I’m doing doesn’t mean a damned thing, and that my time is coming. And it's not necessarily gonna come from the outside. I gotta be ready so that, when it does happen, I’ll have everything in order with no need to clean up my mess.
The planning and execution of my will has to be flawless, and take many factors (and people) into consideration. It’s a ton of work to do, but it’s necessary enough to be my highest priority. Getting this stuff done will be a huge weight lifted off my shoulders, and then I can get back to my meaningless little ventures.
Let’s be very honest here. August 11th will overshadow anything that happened in August, 2015, 2014, or anything else. Nothing else really matters. I’ve never been so close to… that tightrope was… you know, it still doesn't feel right talking about it. And as close as it was to giving me what I’ve always wanted, it also opened my eyes to see that I need to get my house in order in case I don’t see the end of this journey.
I’m working with Marvin Wassle on my will, and he’s directed me to a consultant who handles all the legal language. It’s all very confusing and a real pain in the ass, but I’ve gotta get it done. The next time August 11th happens (and I’m pretty sure there’ll be a next time), I’ve gotta be ready to go. No more waiting. No more whining. No more of anything. On days like August 11th, I can’t keep the illusion up that I really care about any of this. The truth comes out as loud as a gunshot and it hits hard, and even harder when it’s unexpected like that night. I would like to play this journey out to its end, but August 11th changed everything. Something inside me sent a reminder that all this stuff I’m doing doesn’t mean a damned thing, and that my time is coming. And it's not necessarily gonna come from the outside. I gotta be ready so that, when it does happen, I’ll have everything in order with no need to clean up my mess.
The planning and execution of my will has to be flawless, and take many factors (and people) into consideration. It’s a ton of work to do, but it’s necessary enough to be my highest priority. Getting this stuff done will be a huge weight lifted off my shoulders, and then I can get back to my meaningless little ventures.
No comments:
Post a Comment