Monday, October 31, 2016

October 2016 Food Report

Groceries: $72.21
Unnecessary Outside Food: $312

Total Money Spent for October 2016: $384.27

Another month spending close to $400 on food. Ugh! I’m hoping this ends soon because I’m heading into the winter, the season where I typically overspend on food already. 

With the wand broken, I arrive work earlier than usual to get my equipment and then leave before anyone comes in. I came in one morning and saw that all the doors to the garage staircases were open, which was very unusual. I went to the lobby and saw that the diner was closed, but people were cooking inside with the doors open and a fan on. The fan was pointed directly at the open door of the parking garage stairwell. I put one and one together, and I finally figured out why I’ve been so hungry for their food all these months. They fill the parking garage stairwells with the smell of food so that, when people are coming in to work, they’ll want to go to the diner. It’s a smart move that had me hooked on their bacon and egg sandwiches for a good month! Once I realized what was going on, I avoided the stairwells for a while and I’m happy to say that I haven’t set a foot in that diner since. However...


The only foods I’m hooked on are foods for the Muslim markets, like that rice and chicken for example. But it’s more than the food. The Muslim people call me “brother” and “my friend”… I dunno, it just feels more genuine than hearing it from a fucking Smalltown hillbilly. Sam’s store has given me a connection to the Muslim community here in Smalltown, and I have to admit that I like them. I like their clothes. I like their connections to Africa. The only problem is that I really like their food, and buying it stops me from cooking at home. The goal for November is to buy the raw products from the Muslim stores and make it myself. Rice/meat combos and gyros are things that I buy from them, but I used to cook that all the time at home. It’s time to get back to that.

Along with continuing my journey back to homemade foods, I also continued the 100 push-up challenge. I started this month only able to do 8-10 pushups at a time. Last night, I did 49. My chest is super tight and I love the way I feel. Finding time during the day (or night) to do a quick set of pushups is getting me into the routine of exercising and living healthier. I’m paying closer attention to my body and watching what I eat much more carefully than I was before. For November, I’m upping the challenge to 120 pushups a day, while also adding 100 daily leg raises. I started doing leg raises last week in bed and it’s really easy to do. By the end of November, I should look and feel awesome. I’m purposely avoiding DDP Yoga until December because I don’t want to lose the weight just yet. I prefer building muscle first and then losing weight afterwards. By the end of the year, I should be in as good or better shape than I did when I started 2016.

P.S: I'm actually doing these end of the month reports on time! That's proof that the to-do list is working, and I'm loving it...    

No comments:

Post a Comment