Apt 1- Black Family: $700
Apt 2 - Black Couple: $500
Total Rents Received: $1200
Repair Costs: $307.40 ($120 Alfonso Maintenance Fee + $20 Garbage Can+ $167.40 Mouse Treatment)
Total Profit for Anita: $892.60
Property 1
Apt 1 – Dharma and Family: $525
Apt 2 - Belle and Sebastian: $875
Total Rents Received: $1400
Mortgage: $856
National Grid: $103.71
Repair Expenses: $0
Water Bill: $95.40
Total Profit: $344.89
Property 2
Apt 1 – Gianna: $750
Apt 2 - Nicolas: $625
Total Rents Received: $1,375
Mortgage: $764
Repair Expenses: $160 (Al fixes pipe and final repairs)
Water Bill: $111.65
Total Profit: $339.35
Property 3
Apt 1 - Chucky: $435
Apt 2 – Thomas and Brie: $560 (+ $35 LATE FEE)
Apt 3 – Rory: $530
Apt 4 - Taniqua and Eugene: $535 (+ $35 LATE FEE)
Total Rents Received: $2060
Mortgage: $918
Repair Expenses: $0
National Grid: $288.08
Water Bill: $195.50
Total Profit: $658.42
Property 4
Tenant Latisha: $900
Mortgage: NOTHING
Repair Expenses: $0
Water Bill: $31.64
Total Profit: $868.36
Lawn Maintenance: $90
Net Real Estate Profit for October 2016: $2,121.02
Now this is more like it. With four properties and reasonable repair costs, it looks like I’d average about $1,300 a month at full occupancy. My monthly living bills average out between $800 and $900. If that final property I buy can make $2,000 a month, I’ll have the money I need to retire from paycheck work and live comfortably.
Anita’s Property X continues to roll along with decent monthly profits. The large Public Assistance check for the upstairs tenants has finally run out, so their free ride is over. Alfonso is doing a good job managing X, but maybe it’s too good of a job. Anita is thinking about buying another property in Smalltown, but I’m too tired to stop her. If everything works out next year, she can buy whatever the hell she wants. I’ll have the financial freedom to live (or “to say I live”) anywhere, so it really won’t matter. Although, if we’re being honest, I would love for her to sell Property X and invest elsewhere.
As far as Property 1 goes, let me make it clear: I despise living in that basement apartment. Remember that post about that Nepali girl Dharma, where I expressed how attracted I was to her? Well, that’s all gone. Living underneath her and her family, with her little niece and nephew running around and her relatives that play the TV too loud, it made me completely forget about how she looks. I told that bitch that kids couldn't live there, and she did the loophole of saying that her niece and nephew "visits" sometimes. Visits for 13 hours or overnight?! I don’t like her or any of her loud ass family. And in the basement, I’ve been dealing with bats once again. I thought that EZ Pest Control machine worked, but I saw this little bastard the other night:
I won’t lie, he was really cute to watch as he chewed on my socks. I’ve always liked bats, but this shit is getting ridiculous. The EZ Pest people are sending me another machine free of charge to add some power to keep the bats away from my bedroom. Between the noise of the tenants walking around and the bat flying about at night, it’s tough to get a good night’s sleep. If anything, all this crap makes me want to succeed even more. I considered getting a bat exclusion, the only real way to get rid of bats, but it’s too expensive. I really don’t want to put any more money into that place when I plan on living elsewhere next year. And, as far as Dharma and her family go, I think it's time to find new tenants. What's the point of retiring from these jobs if I'm gonna be miserable at home thanks to the noise of those idiots? I'll give them a warning and see what happens. In the end, however, we won't be able to coexist. By the end of 2017 one of us will be out of Property 1.
At Property 3, Brie moved out. She’ll still have Public Assistance pay for her share of the rent through November, but things aren’t looking good for Thomas afterwards. The motherfucker is already struggling to make half the rent, so I have no idea how he’s gonna handle full rent come December. At first I was kinda nervous. I mean, $525 is a lot of money for me, especially in the winter time when the National Grid bills are higher. If Thomas flakes out, his apartment will make no money until it’s fixed up… and his apartment is in the worst shape of the four at Property 3. Ugh.
Gianna has finally settled into her apartment at Property 2, evident by the fact that she’s stopped bothering me about repairs. Nicholas continues to pay rent on time… which I should be happy about. But I really wanted him to be late one more time so I could throw him out and rent the place for $125 more. I swear, this is the last time I’ll ever lock in a rental price. I SWEAR! Besides that, everything is running smooth at Property 2, and the same can be said for Property 4. It’s nice to know that Latisha is finally getting a break from all the damned repairs she had to deal with. All the big repairs are finished, so I expect more peace and quiet for the near future.
November is all about winterizing. I have to buy snow salt and shovels for any property that doesn't have any. I also have to prepare myself in case I get a no-heat call, especially for Property 4. That furnace hasn't really been tested since I bought it. Other than that, I’m looking for November profits to be about the same as this month’s.
P.S.: The only good thing about Tom possibly leaving after December is that I can really hone my handyman skills in that apartment while living there (with heat included!). I'd be tearing out that annoying wood panel to replace with sheetrock, replace the carpet, update the kitchen, and TRY to update that small-ass bathroom. I should be done with the shipping depot by then, so my weekends will be free to do extra repairs and finish within two to three weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment