Sunday, October 2, 2016

September 2016 Food Report

Groceries: $50.75
Unnecessary Outside Food: $340

Total Money Spent for September 2016
: $390.75


It’s kinda funny when I think about it. I’m spending so much on outside food, yet I feel a lot better about it than I did last month. A big part of that good feeling has to do with the type of outside food I’m eating. Instead of pepperoni pies and chicken wings, I’m eating mostly Subway sandwiches. The only groceries I bought were orange juice, protein bars, and multi-grain sandwich bread for turkey burgers. But it looks like things are slowly getting back to normal.

I really miss making food at home, and I now have an empty refrigerator after throwing out all the spoiled food that went to waste during my outside food binge. On Monday I’m going to BJs to buy some groceries, and then go to the butcher shop for some chicken. One of my main issues with homemade food is that I don’t have a very large variety that I’m familiar with. It’s the same egg sandwiches with either turkey bacon or sausage for breakfast. It’s the same four things for lunch/dinner: turkey paninis, turkey burgers, rice and chicken, or rice and salmon. A part of the reason for this monotony is my lack of cooking material.

Because I only have a counter top in my kitchen with various electronic plug-in apparatus (George Foreman grill, plug-in pan, rice cooker, etc.), I can only do so much with food. This sucks because I’d really like to make some broth or soup with vegetables and stuff. I’ll look for a cheap plug-in cook top that I can use to put a pot on and boil stuff. Regardless, I’m definitely feeling this outside food binge coming to an end. From eating crappy outside food to eating healthier outside food, and now I'm ready to buy real groceries again. I can’t wait for things to get back to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment