I reconnected with Ola a couple of weeks before quitting the shipping depot. Even though I blocked him from calling me, he sent me a couple apologetic emails. He wrote about how Nigerians need to stick together and blah blah blah, and I figured why not. I have to give him credit... the man knows how to get to me. So we started talking and he got a new job, working at Lowe’s. He also said that he could get me a job there, and I’d be making about $15 an hour.
You know, I always fantasized about quitting the shipping depot, but I always had a fear. See, I’m a whore for money. So I was always afraid that I would feel the urge to go back for the money. Thankfully, I don’t feel the desire to ever go back to that fucking place. But Lowe’s is not FedEx and, to be honest, the offer is enticing. $15 an hour. The only way I could ever make $15 an hour is with overtime. Next year is gonna be the last year I ever work a paycheck job, so why not get as much as I possibly can? And why not work at a place that I truly enjoy being at? Lowe’s, like Home Depot, is a landlord paradise. I love going into those kinds of places, sometimes spending hours walking around and checking out all the cool stuff. My head would fill up with different ideas about how to fix “this” an build a new “that”. Not to mention that the job will most likely have product discounts and good vacation time. So, what’s a money whore like me supposed to do?
The truth is… I really don’t know what to do here. But I’ll fill out the application tomorrow and let him know that I’m interested. I’ve gotten used to having weekends off, but missing out on $15 an hour is a tough pill to swallow… especially on my last year of paycheck work. Ola is known to bend the truth every now and then, so I really don’t know if the offer is legit. But I might as well see where this goes. I mean, why not? If I get the job, I’ll figure out what to do next. If I don't get it, I’ll be just fine. Like I said earlier, I like my weekends off.
You know, I always fantasized about quitting the shipping depot, but I always had a fear. See, I’m a whore for money. So I was always afraid that I would feel the urge to go back for the money. Thankfully, I don’t feel the desire to ever go back to that fucking place. But Lowe’s is not FedEx and, to be honest, the offer is enticing. $15 an hour. The only way I could ever make $15 an hour is with overtime. Next year is gonna be the last year I ever work a paycheck job, so why not get as much as I possibly can? And why not work at a place that I truly enjoy being at? Lowe’s, like Home Depot, is a landlord paradise. I love going into those kinds of places, sometimes spending hours walking around and checking out all the cool stuff. My head would fill up with different ideas about how to fix “this” an build a new “that”. Not to mention that the job will most likely have product discounts and good vacation time. So, what’s a money whore like me supposed to do?
The truth is… I really don’t know what to do here. But I’ll fill out the application tomorrow and let him know that I’m interested. I’ve gotten used to having weekends off, but missing out on $15 an hour is a tough pill to swallow… especially on my last year of paycheck work. Ola is known to bend the truth every now and then, so I really don’t know if the offer is legit. But I might as well see where this goes. I mean, why not? If I get the job, I’ll figure out what to do next. If I don't get it, I’ll be just fine. Like I said earlier, I like my weekends off.
No comments:
Post a Comment