Saturday, December 10, 2016

November 2016 Food Report

Groceries: $68.44
Unnecessary Outside Food and Snacks: $197.82

Total Spent for November 2016: $266.26


Under $300?? After months of budgets going well over $300 (October was $384.27), it’s really nice to see that “2” again. And the reason why I’m seeing the “2” again is probably the funniest ever.

Now that I have weekends to myself, I’m liking it. I’m enjoying the freedom of options… I can stay home or I can go out. The thing is that I usually like to stay home, which limits my options when I’m hungry. If I have to choose between cooking a meal at home in my underwear (or naked if I feel like it) or going out and being amongst the unwashed masses ordering overpriced low quality food, I’d rather stay home. How funny is that? The same laziness that used to make me buy food instead of cooking now makes me stay home and cook! Hahaha! And, if this is any indication, I’m gonna have a very hard time leaving the house when I’m fully retired. Imagine the money I’ll be saving on both food and gas by cooking at home with my dick dangling in the air.

Breaded Chicken Patties. Put in the air fryer for 15 minutes, add a bun, and instant sandwich. I usually stay from pre-cooked stuff, but the no preservatives stuff suckered me in

Now that I’m under $300, I’d like to stay there. Aside from turkey burgers and sandwiches, I’m still running into the same “lack of variety” issue. I can’t even make rice because I used the pot to trap that bat and don’t trust it anymore. So I bought those Tyson breaded chicken patties as a way to break that monotony, and it’s working for now. I put a few of those things in the air fryer for 15 minutes, and boom… instant lunch! The taste is similar to the chicken sandwiches that used to be served in junior high school in those silver wrappings, so it's edible at the very least. But I know that’s gonna get old, so I’ll keep on the lookout for more foods. Even though I’m limited by the kitchen appliances at my disposal, I should be able to come up with something new in December. Speaking of which…

December is all about staying the course. Winter is usually the season that I overspend on food, so ending this month like I did November would show a consistency that I rarely get to demonstrate. As far as fitness goes, I can't do any more exercises until this vertigo thing goes away. Doing pushups makes me disoriented and I seriously feel like throwing up. It sucks to stop now because my shoulders and chest feel better than ever... it's as if I'm wearing one of those football shoulder pads underneath my skin. But as long as I keep my food healthy and homemade, I should be able to maintain my body's shape through December.

No comments:

Post a Comment