Saturday, December 10, 2016

Off Balance

So here’s what’s going on.

Since May 19th I’ve been dealing with vertigo. Every morning I have to wake up and put myself in a certain position so that the room stops spinning. My hope was that this crap would eventually go away but it hasn’t. This week, in fact, it got much worse.

On Monday morning my head was killing me. The room would not stop spinning and I was forced to throw up. I thought it was over, so I got in my car and drove to work. I passed a green light on Butterscotch Street when another vertigo attack hit me. It was fucking crazy watching and feeling the road I was driving on twisting and… just crazy. I was able to stop in the middle of the road and slowly pull over to wait for the attack to pass, but it freaked me out. I was always afraid that this could happen, but I didn’t expect it to happen so soon. I only had vertigo when I woke up, but now it can happen anywhere. Along with that I’ve been feeling light headed and dizzy, and my fingers and back have some kind of tingling sensation.

I say these things not to incur sympathy or to get some kind of advice… especially since I don’t want either. What happens happens. I just needed to explain to my sweet and wonderful blog why I didn’t write the posts that I was supposed to on Monday. This blog is all that I really treasure, so I like to get everything out here. Today I’m gonna sit down and try to get out the Property Earnings and Food report posts. I’ve got at least 8 others to write, but that’s pushing it. As far as the vertigo, I dunno. I have a hard time sleeping but, when I do, I wake up as if I didn't sleep at all. I just felt my head and it's hot as hell. I just... ugh. I’m gonna try some Epley maneuvers and get more sleep. That should take care of it, or at least give my brain time to compensate.

P.S.: Remember a couple Thanksgivings ago when I got pissed that both my mom and dad ambushed me with their bullshit? I didn't speak to them for about a month afterwards, but my dad called me on one of those days. He said that my mom had a vision that scared her. My mom is seen by some in her church as kind of a mystic, although I never bought into it. Anyway, her vision was that I got into a car accident and doctors had to amputate one of my limbs. For some reason, I killed myself due to the pain or something. At the time I thought it was a ploy to get me to talk to them. But hey, maybe that's the way I go. I guess the reason why I'm not too concerned is that, of all the ways I could go out, I'm okay with a brain thing. It's been coming for a while now anyway. I could go to bed tonight and have an aneurysm in my sleep. I could be driving 75 on the highway and suffer a vertigo attack that has me drive off a cliff. There are a lot of ways to go out that would piss me off, but that's not one of them.  

P.P.S.: The title of this post is Off Balance. I got that from an episode of Batman (The Animated Series) where he dealt with a villian named Vertigo:

Vertigo
 Vertigo had an eye device that would cause his foes to believe that everything around them was twisting and turning. At the time I didn't see it as a big deal and it made Batman look like such a pussy watching him go crazy even though nothing was actually happening. Now... maybe Batman wasn't such a pussy...

No comments:

Post a Comment