Property X
Apt 1- Black Family: $700
Apt 2 - Black Couple: $500
Total Rents Received: $1200
Repair Costs: $0
Total Profit for Anita: $1080 ($1200 - $120 Alfonso Maintenance Fee)
Property 1
Apt 1 – Dharma and Family: $525
Apt 2 - Belle and Sebastian: $875
Total Rents Received: $1400
Mortgage: $856 to $831
National Grid: $153.87
Repair Expenses: $20 (Circuit breaker check)
Total Profit: $395.13
Property 2
Apt 1 – Gianna: $785 ($35 LATE FEE)
Apt 2 - Nicolas: $625
Total Rents Received: $1,410
Mortgage: $764 to $751
Repair Expenses: $144.09 (Shovel, salt, and thermostat replacement)
Total Profit: $514.91
Property 3
Apt 1 - Chucky: $435
Apt 2 – Thomas (Brie moved out): $560 ($35 LATE FEE)
Apt 3 – Rory: $530
Apt 4 - Taniqua and Eugene: $535 ($35 LATE FEE)
Total Rents Received: $2,060
Mortgage: $918
Repair Expenses: $0
National Grid: $216.62
Total Profit: $925.38
Property 4
Tenant Latisha: $900
Mortgage: NOTHING
Repair Expenses: $37.84 (Shovel, salt, and pilot lighter for furnace)
Total Profit: $862.16
Lawn Maintenance: $90
Net Real Estate Profit for November 2016: $2,607.58
Two months of rental income above $2,000? That’s some sweet ass profit, man.
None of the properties gave any real issues, but Gianna of Property 2 did get on my nerves. She called me complaining that her furnace was malfunctioning:
11/04 at 10:21am: "my furnace is not working and if it's not my furnace then it's the tile (dial) for the furnace I have it on 70 when I woke up this morning the bottom thing for the furnace was only on 60 we need to get this fixed ASAP"
Since I still don’t have a go-to HVAC guy since I got rid of Gonzalez, I called my electrician Floyd. He goes over there in the evening and calls me up. He said that the thermostat was 6 degrees off. I didn’t know I was on speakerphone so I told him that, since there was no real problem, to leave it alone and let her no that it’s just 6 degrees off. Gianna got on the phone and began her protest, saying that she pays her rent and that it should be fixed. I tried to let her know thatevery thermostat is off by at least 1.5 degrees, so it seems like overkill to replace a working thermostat with a new one over 4.5 degrees. Gianna continued to insist, so I agreed and had the thermostat replaced. $110 fucking dollars. In my mind, it really made no sense to continue the argument. I knew who she was before I moved her ass in, so this is behavior that I should expect. The text she sent explaining the situation (ASAP) tells me everything I already know about her. She’s a temporary tenant, and I need to remember that when dealing with her. The money she gives me must be used, in part, to finish repairs and make improvements on the place so that I can throw her out when I need to and move a higher quality tenant into the new and improved apartment. So from now on, no more arguing with Gianna. She is what she’s supposed to be, and I have to let her play her part. And, most importantly, I have to trust that I just might be good at what I do.
Other than that, there wasn’t much that happened in November. The Nepalis had a issue with a faulty lamplight that continuously shorted out the electricity in the apartment. Floyd was able to simply shake the lamp and see the light flicker to tell that it was faulty, which I thought was pretty cool. Latisha of Property 4 had her water heater go out, so I came in and re-lit it with a pilot lighter. And I bought salt and shovels for the properties that needed it. Minor problems are almost as good as no problems at all.
December is all about keeping the costs low and ending the month with yet another $2000 plus profit. The only wildcard is Thomas of Property 3. With Brie and her $250 Public Assistance gone, can he make the rent? He was struggling with her assistance, so how will he handle it now that she's gone? It should be interesting, but I should be fine either way. As shown in November, I can make reasonably modest repairs and still meet that goal. It also helps that my mortgage payments are going down on Properties 1 and 2. This is all good stuff, man. It means that… well… it means that there’s just a little chance that I might know what I’m doing. That deserves a decent… Hey now!
Apt 1- Black Family: $700
Apt 2 - Black Couple: $500
Total Rents Received: $1200
Repair Costs: $0
Total Profit for Anita: $1080 ($1200 - $120 Alfonso Maintenance Fee)
Property 1
Apt 1 – Dharma and Family: $525
Apt 2 - Belle and Sebastian: $875
Total Rents Received: $1400
Mortgage: $856 to $831
National Grid: $153.87
Repair Expenses: $20 (Circuit breaker check)
Total Profit: $395.13
Property 2
Apt 1 – Gianna: $785 ($35 LATE FEE)
Apt 2 - Nicolas: $625
Total Rents Received: $1,410
Mortgage: $764 to $751
Repair Expenses: $144.09 (Shovel, salt, and thermostat replacement)
Total Profit: $514.91
Property 3
Apt 1 - Chucky: $435
Apt 2 – Thomas (Brie moved out): $560 ($35 LATE FEE)
Apt 3 – Rory: $530
Apt 4 - Taniqua and Eugene: $535 ($35 LATE FEE)
Total Rents Received: $2,060
Mortgage: $918
Repair Expenses: $0
National Grid: $216.62
Total Profit: $925.38
Property 4
Tenant Latisha: $900
Mortgage: NOTHING
Repair Expenses: $37.84 (Shovel, salt, and pilot lighter for furnace)
Total Profit: $862.16
Lawn Maintenance: $90
Net Real Estate Profit for November 2016: $2,607.58
Two months of rental income above $2,000? That’s some sweet ass profit, man.
None of the properties gave any real issues, but Gianna of Property 2 did get on my nerves. She called me complaining that her furnace was malfunctioning:
11/04 at 10:21am: "my furnace is not working and if it's not my furnace then it's the tile (dial) for the furnace I have it on 70 when I woke up this morning the bottom thing for the furnace was only on 60 we need to get this fixed ASAP"
Since I still don’t have a go-to HVAC guy since I got rid of Gonzalez, I called my electrician Floyd. He goes over there in the evening and calls me up. He said that the thermostat was 6 degrees off. I didn’t know I was on speakerphone so I told him that, since there was no real problem, to leave it alone and let her no that it’s just 6 degrees off. Gianna got on the phone and began her protest, saying that she pays her rent and that it should be fixed. I tried to let her know thatevery thermostat is off by at least 1.5 degrees, so it seems like overkill to replace a working thermostat with a new one over 4.5 degrees. Gianna continued to insist, so I agreed and had the thermostat replaced. $110 fucking dollars. In my mind, it really made no sense to continue the argument. I knew who she was before I moved her ass in, so this is behavior that I should expect. The text she sent explaining the situation (ASAP) tells me everything I already know about her. She’s a temporary tenant, and I need to remember that when dealing with her. The money she gives me must be used, in part, to finish repairs and make improvements on the place so that I can throw her out when I need to and move a higher quality tenant into the new and improved apartment. So from now on, no more arguing with Gianna. She is what she’s supposed to be, and I have to let her play her part. And, most importantly, I have to trust that I just might be good at what I do.
Other than that, there wasn’t much that happened in November. The Nepalis had a issue with a faulty lamplight that continuously shorted out the electricity in the apartment. Floyd was able to simply shake the lamp and see the light flicker to tell that it was faulty, which I thought was pretty cool. Latisha of Property 4 had her water heater go out, so I came in and re-lit it with a pilot lighter. And I bought salt and shovels for the properties that needed it. Minor problems are almost as good as no problems at all.
December is all about keeping the costs low and ending the month with yet another $2000 plus profit. The only wildcard is Thomas of Property 3. With Brie and her $250 Public Assistance gone, can he make the rent? He was struggling with her assistance, so how will he handle it now that she's gone? It should be interesting, but I should be fine either way. As shown in November, I can make reasonably modest repairs and still meet that goal. It also helps that my mortgage payments are going down on Properties 1 and 2. This is all good stuff, man. It means that… well… it means that there’s just a little chance that I might know what I’m doing. That deserves a decent… Hey now!
No comments:
Post a Comment