Okay, so I wasn’t planning to write anything about women this year. But then something happened and now I have to write about it to figure out what I’m gonna do.
Last week Wednesday I was walking around at the bank job parking garage, and had just finished my round. I called for the elevator to go to the lobby so I can fill up my water bottle. When I got in, there was a woman there. This was the exact conversation that took place:
Me: Hello. (My standard greeting with no affection at all.)
Woman: Hi.
Woman (after a very short while): So, how many times do you have to do your rounds?
Me: Every hour.
Woman: And you have to wear that suit all the time? Don’t you get hot?
Me: A little bit but you get used to it after a while.
Woman: Hmm. Well, at least you look good doing it.
Me (in an appreciative tone): Thanks!
The elevator opened up and we went our separate ways.
Thanks? Thanks?! I really have been out of the game too long. There was a time when a comment like that would have me fucking her IN THE ELEVATOR, but “thanks” was the only thing that came to my mind. I could tell, by the way, that she’s been thinking about this for a while. She made that comment in the same way I did when I was in junior high and high school. I would obsess over a girl that I liked and would see when she gets out of class and how I would "accidentally" bump into her. I’d think about what I would say to her, and run the scenario in my head over and over again. Finally, I’d get the opportunity and… whatever was in my head usually didn’t happen. Most girls in junior high and high school probably think that boys are the clumsiest bastards, with the amount of times they get "bumped into". Anyway, I could hear that same kind of planning in her voice when she made that statement. So, should I? Maybe, but I have two reservations.
For one, she parks her vehicle at my job. Even though she works at the building across the street, I believe that the same “don’t screw co-workers” rule still applies. The same problems can happen, and that can make this reasonably easy job very uncomfortable. The second reason is that she’s.... I don’t want to use the word “fat” because that implies she’s out of shape with a big gut and everything. She’s… husky. She’s about 5’10” which is good. But the extra meat on her bones gives me pause. I can do 100 times better than her and, if I did choose to have sex with her, she would be the biggest girl I’ve ever done it with (in terms of weight, not height). And I’m not sure my ego would like to see her hanging off my arm when we go out to eat or watch a movie. She has a very cute face and all but, in terms of body type, my past girlfriends/lovers always had great bodies. Hmm… I should note that I didn’t get a good look at her body because I usually see her in her vehicle. And I don’t want to fall into that good looking black guy/fat white girl stereotype (or in my case, an amazing looking Adonis of a man) even though she’s not fat (per my definition).
I also have to realize that, once my nice big bed is installed, it’ll be very difficult to resist women like I’ve been doing. Living in a cave and sleeping on a crappy smelly futon never encouraged me to bring a woman over and have sex. Only Mercedes was dirty (and drunk) enough to have sex with me there once. So… now what? I think I’ll wait to run into her again. If it happens, I’ll ask her to lunch that day and see where it goes from there. If we don’t run into each other again or if she's not interested at that time, it’s all good with me. But I’m gonna start dating anyway, so why not get started now with this husky broad to get back into the grooves and motions of date conversation? Context aside, replying to a compliment with “thanks” was just pathetic. I can at least use her to get back into the groove, in which I naturally knew the right thing to say almost every time. Hopefully that will come back to me in time, like any honed skill. So I guess I’ll just have to wait and see.
No comments:
Post a Comment