Sunday, July 27, 2014

Basement Exhaustion

This week has been pretty god awful. I’m just… really... really tired.

On Monday I finished the bathroom tiling and started the living room. On Wednesday I had issues with the washer, dryer, and refrigerator so I didn’t have time for much. On Thursday I continued the living room tiling, while I made Pelcom Nick come and fix all the appliances, as well as fixing the showerhead and create a cleanout for the bathtub pipes in case I need to snake it. I was supposed to finish the living room this weekend, but I just couldn’t. On Saturday I had Pelcom Nick come over to take all the garbage from the basement reconstruction to the dump. Then I showed him what he has to do next week in Property X. He has to clear out all the molded garbage, and then drylock the entire basement. Today, I was hoping to get up at 7am and do some good tiling but I… I had nothing left. I went back to sleep and woke up at around 9:30am, too late to do any good tiling before I had to leave for work at 11am.

This is my first big project and I’ve been planning it solo. Pelcom Nick is like a soldier… you point him in the right direction and make sure he does what he’s supposed to do. His business partner Pat, who got arrested for the DWI, was the one who seemed to be the brains of Pelcom. He would do the pricing and layout what was needed. Without him, I had to take over that role and, with two full time jobs on my plate, this week was an exhausting experience. The only upside is that I’m using Pelcom Nick for all he’s worth. I’ve been able to get him to do work for a very cheap price with no Pat to intervene and charge a higher rate. I had all the work done in the basement for a little under $700 in labor. Remember when “they” were gonna charge me $2500 just for the tiling?! Ha! But all this stuff has taken its toll. All of my outside ambitions, from DDP Yoga to stock trading, have been affected due to the 12-16 hours days I spend working at the jobs and tiling. I’m… beat. And next week promises more of the same.

Next week I will finish the tiling of the living room and the kitchen. Then I’ll have the bed set sent and I’ll also buy the TV and the TV stand. By then, the Alienware desktop computer should also be in, so I’m really hoping to have everything set up by the end of the week. It would be nice to wake up next Sunday morning and know that I can finally walk barefoot throughout my new basement apartment. In order to get there, however, I’ll have to go through the pain of another week of work and sleep balancing. I know it’ll be worth it, so I really have to push myself hard to get it done as soon as possible. I can handle it… I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment