Monday: Energy! Workout
Wednesday: Energy! Workout
Friday: The Diamond Dozen
On Friday, I was supposed to do both the Diamond Dozen and Fat Burner, but I didn’t have time. Biggest lesson here is to make sure I’m at work by 6:00am on the days where I have to do two workouts. After I did Diamond Dozen, I noticed my spine feels different at the nape of my back. It feels really weird, but good at the same time. I wonder if this is the beginning of my increased flexibility?
Last month I was getting foot weary. My feet were killing me and I didn’t understand why. So I decided to try out some new shoes from DSW (Designer Shoe Wear I think). I put on some shoes by Clark's and they were extremely comfortable. I looked at the size and it said size 14. And that’s when it all clicked.
When I was a kid, my mom would always buy me shoes that were a size or two smaller than what my feet required so she could save a few bucks. When I complained about my feet hurting, she would always say something like, "It’s supposed to be tight. Makes you run better." When I started buying shoes for myself, I unknowingly continued buying shoes that were too small for my feet because… well, I’m an idiot. I can’t blame my mom because all moms try to save a penny or two whenever they can. Cheaper shoes and bookbags left money for White castle nights! So anyway, I finally started to realize why I always got blisters and had corns on my end toes. It’s bad enough I’m wearing tight shoes, but now I’m wearing tight shoes at two fulltime jobs where I’m on my feet most of the time. No wonder!
So I bought the Clark’s shoes ($82), but soon realized that designer shoes weren’t going to last long at my jobs. I needed good sneakers. I went to one of those Shoe Dept. stores and tried on these Fila Memory Foam Workshift sneakers and they felt unbelievably good. The memory foam makes it feel as if the sneaker is massaging my foot with each step. So I returned the Clark’s shoes to DSW, ordered the Fila sneakers from Amazon ($41) and have been wearing them ever since.
![]() |
| Size 15: A size higher due to the space needed for the memory foam |

No comments:
Post a Comment